Sign in to follow this  
DaveT63

Okuma Reflexions vs Fenwick Eagle GT?

I am in the market for another relatively inexpensive yet half-way respectable 2-pc rod to throw in the trunk of my car.  There is a sporting goods store near me that has a 6'6" Medium Fenwick Eagle GT for $49.99.  They also have a 6'6" Medium Okuma Reflexions rod on clearance for $27.50, normally $54.99.  Any thoughts or recommendations between the two?  Or, I could get a Quantum Tournament Series (I think that's what it is) 7' Medium at Walmart for about $44. 

Again, any thoughts or opinions would be highly appreciated!

Dave

You can pick up a St.Croix Triumph 2-piece at DICKS for about $69.99, Thats what I would go with.

The Okuma for that price.

x2

The Okuma for that price.

x2

x3

I've never used a Reflexion, but I did use a GT for 2 years and it was a decent rod for the price. I googled the Reflexion and it looks like a sweet rod. For $30, I would jump on it too. Got nothing to lose.

Thanks for the suggestions, all!  I was actually on my way dick get the okuma today and passed a dicks.  Found a 2-pc 6'6" medium fast triumph with no price and a shimano sienna reel on it in the combo section.  Since im kind of partial to st  croix, i asked the price.  They looked for a while and couldn't find a combo price on file for it.  So they let me have it for the price of the rod only.

I know the sienna is at the lower end of the quality spectrum, but its a free reel and will work fine for now, at least!