Sign in to follow this  
hercdoc

Does Anybody Make A Baitcast Rod Without The Trigger?

I'm sure there are custom rods that are built but do any of the big rod companies make a baitcast rod without the trigger.  I broke my left hand and wrist a couple few months back and I'm finding out now that the trigger is really bothering my fingers.  I'm not sure why this hasn't been a problem before but now it really bugs me.  I mounted a baitcaster on a spinning rod and played around with it this evening.  I found it very comfortable.  I like to hold the line between my fingers, especially when using plastics, and without the trigger I found that after the cast I didn't have to worry about getting my fingers positioned in front of the trigger to begin reeling .  I can see the trigger on the older pistol grip rods but why do we need them now with such long handles? With the longer handles I use my forearm and even my side or stomach as leverage on initial hook-set and when fighting a fish. Maybe I should try to build my own rods.  :D

I'm sure you could cut the trigger off and smooth down the 'stump' with a dremel type tool.

Or switch hands :D

http://www.redbone.org/rods.html

I don't remember if they have the trigger but can vouch for them being a solid rod.  "Sirsnookalot" uses Redbone exclusively so he may be able to tell you if they have the trigger.  Sports Authority and Dicks carry the rods as well as many other stores.

I don't know if they have a trigger or not.

This is their casting line up, call South Bend to find out.

RB-854      7'      1      ML      8-15      3/8-3/4      

RB-855      7'      1      M      10-20      3/8-1      

RB-856      7'      1      MH      10-20      3/8-1      

RB-857      7'      1      H      15-30      1-2      

RB-858      7'      1      XH      15-40      1-3      

I'm sure you could cut the trigger off and smooth down the 'stump' with a dremel type tool.

Or switch hands :D

That's what i would suggest