Sign in to follow this  
lsufan334

Abu Garcia Veritas

Well i bought a 7'3" Veritas last week and have fallen head over heels for the thing.  I can't describe how impressed I am with this rod.  Needless to say i decided to but the 7' M for my sqarebills.  Received the rod today removed from tube slapped on a revo lined it up tied on a crank with no hooks went out into the backyard.  First cast crack broke 4" from the tip.  I am hoping this was a defective rod.  The supplier is replacing at no charge except for shipping should get new rod by Mon.  crossing my fingers and will keep you guys updated.

Good luck. I hope its just a lemon.

They were out of stock and the monkey started whispering then it turned to yelling.  I hope its a lemon too i have had nothing but great things from the 7'3"

Dang, I was really looking forward to getting one soon too...

Don't count them out.  I really and truly belive it was a defect i just casted an old bomber crank and it broke.  I have had NO problems with the other rod.  They are really sweet  :)

What baits have you tried on the 7'3" rod?

mainly pitching and flipping bottom contact baits (jigs, zoom speed craws, beavers)

I am hoping to buy some of these too. I just have to wait to see if Abu is going to replace my 7m vendetta which broke at the second guide while i was casting. I sent it back last week and haven't heard from them yet. If they replace it I'll buy some veritas. If they don't time to look for something else.

I had that same problem with my 7'6" MH Vendeta rod.  Fortunatly I bought mine from tackle warehouse, I called them up and they sent me a RMA and and a new rod once they recieved the broken one, and I didn't even have to pay for the shipping.  The new one is great.

I'm already thinking of adding a Veritas to my rod collection, which I'll buy from TW as well.

im really impressed with my veritas also.  so far im in love with it.  i have to say ive been impressed with abu's customer service so far.  dont have any complaints with them!

I want one, I need to get two to go with those two Bass pro PQ reels i just bought :)

I want one, I need to get two to go with those two Bass pro PQ reels i just bought :)

haha were going to be using the same combos.  I am buying two pq's this weekend

haha were going to be using the same combos. I am buying two pq's this weekend

Thats funny but why not I got the feeling that at $169 it going to be the best value out there.

Got my vendetta in the mail today they replaced it no problem. now i will probably be looking to get a few veritas and PQs as well. Captain Obvious, do you think the veritas is better than the PQ rods? i know you said they are better than the vendetta.

Overall I woulds say the PQ is better but not by much.

Let me put it this way, PQ is a better rod overall, that is just my opinion But I would not argue if someone claimed the veritas is better.

I Like the PQ better because it feels like it might be a little more powerful .On the flip side its not as light or nice looking as the Veritas.

You can't go wrong with ether, I will say that the PQ is not $40 better than the Veritas.

Just my $.02

I've got a 7' M I'm using for spinnerbaits.  I've got an 08 Premier on it and it's an unbelievably light combo! I haven't stuck a fish with it yet, but I really don't foresee any problems.

I will probably end up with another 7' M and a 7:1 Premier by springtime for topwaters,buzzbaits, and traps.

Guys, you might also keep in mind that Abu is coming out with the new Verdict rod soon. As a matter of fact, I think BPS has them on-line. They should be lighter in weight and have an adjustable handle. I think they sell for $130. I'm looking forward to seeing them. 

In that price range, I like the lamiglass excels. I think there are better than my pro-Q's all the way around. With that said, I still want to try a verita.

LSUfan,

The rod you received was probably put together by a Toolame alumni.

Had you received a rod constructed by an LSU freshman working part time in the summer, the rod would have been perfect.

Always ask, when you order something on the net or telephone, or if you make a purchase at a tackle shop, if the product was put together by a Toolame alumni. If so, you may want to avoid it.  :)   :)   :D

And by the way, if the product was put together by a Bamasux alumni it will be backasswards.  ;D   ;D   ;D

LSUfan,

The rod you received was probably put together by a Toolame alumni.

Had you received a rod constructed by an LSU freshman working part time in the summer, the rod would have been perfect.

Always ask, when you order something on the net or telephone, or if you make a purchase at a tackle shop, if the product was put together by a Toolame alumni. If so, you may want to avoid it. :) :) :D

I do agree.  Well after about 3 trips and a dozen or so fish on two different veritas (7'M 7'3" MH) I am in love with both of these rods.  Would love to own two more for other applications.