Sign in to follow this  
BASSclary

Powell Endurance

They came out today!!! WOOT WOOT!!

What's so special about them again, though? They're just purple powell maxs right?

Im curious about them because the TT article I read about them awhile back didnt tell me much. :-X

You tell us what is so special about them--apparently they are special enough to warrant 15 "toot" smilies.

If I knew why they were so special, I wouldn't have asked. The air horns were because they came out and felt them necessary.

I think it's just because Powell is celebrating their 100 year anniversary, but that's a guess.

The monkey said they had to put out more rods because people needed something new to spend their hard earned dollars on !!!!!

Nothing special except the color.  They are designed like Tackle Warehouse rods with purple instead of red.  When it all boils down to it, it's a Max with a facial.

If I am not mistaken, the actions are much faster on the x-fast/fast Endurance sticks. They also sport new lengths as well.

In other words Powell has reach the point of diminishing returns with their other rods so its time to introduce a new product.

Powell has really done it right IMO.  They brought out a single series and focused solely on them and built a name, in bass fishing, focusing all there resources to refine that series.  I think it is rime for them to add another line but I don't think the max series is going anywhere. 

Hmmm, maybe it's just a female-friendlier version of the rod,, similar to what St.Croix did with their Avid Pearl.

Hmmm, maybe it's just a female-friendlier version of the rod,, similar to what St.Croix did with their Avid Pearl.

How do you tell the differance between a male or female rod ?

How do you tell the differance between a male or female rod ?

I don't know