Sign in to follow this  
topwater.va

Denali Rods

Handled them at iCast and they seemed liked great rods.  Seemed well balanced and not too tip heavy as most rods are.  Not sure of their durability or actions though, but they are a small rod maker and with that comes risk.

Denali is a great rod with a great warranty! I fish the FLW Tour and the Stren as a co angler and they work great for me. If anyone is interested let me know I can probably help you out on them.

Denali is a great rod with a great warranty! I fish the FLW Tour and the Stren as a co angler and they work great for me. If anyone is interested let me know I can probably help you out on them.

Let me guess  , they sponsor you or you're on their pro team ?

I'm no pro nor a co-angler who fishes any pro tournaments. just  a college kid who fishes a ton so I have no corporate requirements.

I picked one up at the North Carolina Fishing Expo over the Winter. I had never heard of the Company before I saw their rods at the expo. I ended up getting a 7 ft MH with a moderate tip in the Jadewood series for just at $100. This is their deep crank bait rod in the Jadewood series. On the site they list it as being able to handle cranks such as the Norman DD 22 and other very deep cranks. I haven't thrown any deep divers on it because it isn't that time of the year yet but I've thrown 1/2 oz and 3/4 oz lipless' and it handles them very easily. I've also thrown cranks such as the Deep Little N from Norman which runs at 10-12 ft and the Spro little MD which runs 7-9 and maybe 10 on light line. It handled all of the above with relative ease. I ripped lipless' through grass and it cleared easily.

All in all I have been very impressed by Denali. Sensitive enough to be able to tell is there is grass and if you have a fish taking your lure. Enough back bone to set the hook without ripping out the trebles. I love the rod so far. I think it performs above it's price point.

I have a bass pro crankin stick, a st. croix avid cranking rod, and it is as good as both of those. at $100 the jadewood is a great purchase. I hope this helps.

I wouldnt mind picking up a couple jadewood rods for my mojo bass st croix rod. I have a rose wood spinning rod and it preforms perfect. Ive used it for saltwater fishing and it sets its point at just about perfect. Ive caught a 35 in. red and a 40 in. black drum on it. I like the way they look. And I would like to continue my collection of these rods. If You could work out some kinda deal that would be ideal. I want a flippin jadewood rod.

Let me guess , they sponsor you or you're on their pro team ?

Wasn't there some kid on here who claimed that his mom got him sponsored by Denali? :-?

I wouldnt mind picking up a couple jadewood rods for my mojo bass st croix rod. I have a rose wood spinning rod and it preforms perfect. Ive used it for saltwater fishing and it sets its point at just about perfect. Ive caught a 35 in. red and a 40 in. black drum on it. I like the way they look. And I would like to continue my collection of these rods. If You could work out some kinda deal that would be ideal. I want a flippin jadewood rod.

That's great that you're happy with that rod now, as it wasn't that long ago that you tried to trade that thing for just about anything on the flea market board.

Wasn't there some kid on here who claimed that his mom got him sponsored by Denali? :-?

Yeah, it was pj123. I'm still waiting to see his "how to" videos.

Yeah, it was pj123. I'm still waiting to see his "how to" videos.

haha yeah, his 30 minute videos  ::)

Although I did say I would make some 5 minute vids that I havent lived up too  :-X

I think he is on the bass fishing team here at Virginia Tech. I am on it too and they are a sponsor of ours.  I think Jody might have one of their rods. Someone at the first team meeting had one with a jig tied on it.  I am looking at getting one of their cranking rods this winter.

ya kicken i am looking for one to flip with possible.  ill have to ask jody about it when i talk to him later in the week.