Sign in to follow this  
Sam

NRX Rods

Starting at $450 and going up to $500 the fish better jump in the boat.

If anyone has one of the new NRX rods please let us know what you think about them.  :(

I don't own one, but I've fished with one.  Of course they are light and sensitive, and I really enjoyed fishing with it.  But I wouldn't buy one myself.  I'd rather buy 2 or 3 very good rods than 1 NRX.  I'd also be just a little concerned about them.  First, they've already had two recalls in the short time they've been out (one was for fly rods), and I'd hate to spend that much money on something that can very easily get broken.  I try to take good care of my stuff, accidents do happen, and it really isn't that hard to damage a rod.

While they are not going to be for everybody they are great rods. If you like the GLX's you will love the NRX's they are lighter than the GLX's. I got them rather late in our fishing year and have not had anytime since tournaments stopped to use them very much. But the little time I did have with them (about a month) I like the 3 that I have 852, 853, 854 alot. I will also pick up a 893 after Christmas more than likely. I weighed the 852 and the 853 when I first got them while I do not remember the exact # both rods were about 3oz.

I had bought three the day they came out. I was impressed with the rods pretty good I bought a 803C, 804C and a 853C.

I sold off the the 803 and 804. The 853 is a AWESOME worm and jig rod I really like it and it has kept a place on my boat and thats a hard thing to do, 95% of my rods are JDM Daiwas, Evergreens and Megabass and a few customs. for this rod to take one of my JDM sticks off the boat says a lot about the rod. To me they arent very good looking rods and being someone that fishes most JDM stuff looks and performance are important to me and this rod is VERY understated and just dont appeal to me much with looks..

I sold the other two not because they wasnt good rods they was very good rods but I just didnt use them much however had the 853 in my hand a lot and have enjoyed it a lot for big worms and jigs and pitching light to med light cover.

The rods are very sensitive, are they the most sensitive rod ever? no My Black Ravens are noticeably more sensitive to ME then any of these was but IMHO thats the most sensitive rod ive ever laid my hands on.

The actions are very Gloomis GLX like and will feel very familiar to anyone that has fished a GLX in the same model. the new guide setup is WAY better then the GLX straight recoils, its no longer loud and rough with braid the new setup sounds like any rod with Sics and braid.

If you want anymore info on them pm me your questions and ill do me best to tell you what you need to know! have a great day!   

Thanks L, and all other guys for the info.

I think I will wait until the rods are proven to be better and there are no more recalls.  :(

Thanks L, and all other guys for the info.

I think I will wait until the rods are proven to be better and there are no more recalls. :(

Your welcome, I wasnt aware there was any recalls on NRX's????? If there is I sure havent seen anything about it...

All I can say is if you like the GLX you will like the NRX more I REALLY wish they would have made then with a Fuji ECS or better yet a ACS reel seat The main thing I dont like about the rod is the reel seat. If it was made with a ACS or ECS reel seat I would have kept the two I sold.

Most the fly rods were recalled the same day they hit the shelves because the reel seat wouldn't fit Loomis fly reels.  :(

Not too long ago, casting rods with a manufacturing number smaller than MF-62014 were pulled off shelves because the foregrips were splitting and the handles were coming loose.

Ahh ok I see, I never have had a issue with mine.

I want to go for a ride in that Toyota! But I live on the other coast. :'(

If your ever in North east FL PM me and Ill take ya for a ride. you wont believe what it feels like in 3rd gear when that boost rolls on hard and fast.. talk about being pinned in your seat! gotta becareful though you arent safe form lighting the tires up till about 115MPH lol no kidding.

Ill post some pics of what we are building now when its finished! its a EVO Lancer VIII... we are building her to hopefully that little 4G63 will be making 850+ all wheel HP and torque to match shes gonna be a road course rocket!! And thats 850+ without spray.. I hate NOS I wont run it period.. I cant wait till shes done.

Gotta love the power that the straight 6 puts out in the Supras.  I miss my old one.  Sure as hell wasn't a car to haul the kids around in.

Bassn Blvd was the first BR member to review the NRX.

He said the difference between the NRX and a GLX is like

contrasting the GLX to a 2X4.

Hmm...

The wife is buying me one for X-Mas, will let you all know how it works sometime around April or so...

Dan

Bassn Blvd was the first BR member to review the NRX.

He said the difference between the NRX and a GLX is like

contrasting the GLX to a 2X4.

Hmm...

I saw that post. So where does that put our pet GLX MBR842C's ? In the wood pile ?? :-?

Well, I don't know. It's really hard to imagine without actually

fishing the rods. I haven't held one yet and maybe it would be

best not to!

::)

I picked up a NRX802CJWR from tackleware house during the 20% off sale for fishing light weight jigs for erie smallies. I have it paired with a core 50mg7 and 10lb braid & 12lb maxima leader. Since I got it I have only used it with suspending jerk baits for smallies because that was what was working at the time. It is a very light combo and a pleasure to use. Very light tip for casting. My only objection is that the back to back uni knot lets the tag end of the mono leader catch on the small recoil guides when reeling in. I will try the alberto knot to see if it resolves the issue or dedicate the combo to floro. Extremely sensitive rod as well it should be for the price. It loads up nicely after hooking up and is capable of handling big smallies in open water but really lets you enjoy the fight because it does not overpower the fish. In fact big smallies on this combo actually felt bigger than they turn out to be after landing them. I caught numerous fish between 4 lbs up to 5-15oz on it this fall before winterizing the boat. Try one if you like but they will & do spoil you.

Wow - that certainly sounds good. But still, I think I should probably keep my 2 GLX rods, and the money that I would have used for an NRX would get me half-way to getting SI sonar.... ::)

Well, I don't know. It's really hard to imagine without actually

fishing the rods. I haven't held one yet and maybe it would be

best not to!

::)

I can't speak firsthand about the NRX rods but I have found that ignorance is bliss with high end fishing gear. If I don't pick it up to feel it then I won't be leaving the store with it. :)