Sign in to follow this  
GUTT3R

MASSACHUSETTS LUCK?

show off ...j/k  nice fish.....for me on the other hand been out 9 times and i was lucky enough to catch a small branch,really starting to think someone put a curse on me  >:)

I haven't had much luck, 3 weeks ago I got a few on spinnerbaits.  All I've gotten is pickerel lately.  Threw everything but the kitchen sink last weekend and came up with nothing, hooked a OK sized one on a red and white daredevil (resorting to try to catch pickerel) but it through the hook about a foot from shore.   I'm betting on the luck changing tomorrow with the heat.

All but a few of the fish I've caught have been on a jig.

Strike King football or BooYah pigskin in the blue/black flash seem to work equally well.  Using the larger *** Beaver Craw in the watermelonred color as a trailer.

Been fishing the drop offs, and the outer edges of the shelf.  In my case, the dropoff at the outer edge goes is a bank which drops from four to six feet in depth.

Sloowwww, seems to be the rule with the jig.  The trick is to stay in contact with the jig and the bottom, so you feel everything.  But, you do not want excess tension in the line.

I find it best to keep the line nearly straight without bending the rod tip (except when moving the jig).  During pauses, a slight belly in the line will still allow you to feel the jig.

Two "bumps" seems to be the norm for a hit, in my case.  I then increase tension in the line.  Any indication of life on the other end, set the hook.

Also tried a shaky head jig and trick worm today for my first attempt at "finesse" fishing, and caught a couple.

Had to switch to larger worms.  The pan fish were driving me nuts.  They'd pick it up by the tail and run off with it.  They never managed to steal the bait, nor could I hook one of them.

I suppose the solution is to allow them to peck away at the bait.  Eventually something larger will come along to grab it.

The bass have moved tight to the shore, in a foot or less of water in some places, and will attack anything that splashes down near them.  

I'm in southeastern Mass.  Westport.  From what others from this area have posted, that seems to be the norm.

My guess is that this weekend should really see them moving into shallower water in greater numbers.

Today, they were really splashing around in the shallows.

In 3 weeks I have gotten 12 bass and a couple of pickerel. All caught on either red eye shads or lc pointers. Recently jerkbaits have been working really well. Going out twice this weekend, I will be sure to report how it goes

yesterday i caught about 15 sunfish, 15 pickerel and 10 bass all on a popper.

My buddy and i got 9 bass between 2.5 and 3lbs in central mass this weekend.  We got 3 on a bucktail jig, 2 on a wacky rigged senko, 3 on a sluggo and 1 on a swim senko...all real nice fish in probably 1-5 feet of water...

Ive just started fishing jigs and all i can say is give them a shot!

Great Looking Bass Tom Congrats My friend have a great week.

The photographer did a great job.

Well it seems the fish are finally starting to bite!! Now can we all be a little more specific as to where we were?? I have had luck in the island areas at Whitehall reservoir in Hopkinton.. Caught 3 nice ones last Saturday afternoon, temps in the low 80s clear light wind. Black 5" yamasenko with NO weight. Just let it fall then bounce it along the bottom..

Myle standish State forest Many lakes in there about 6 or more I am going this week maybe tommorow went there this week alot of small bass 1 pounds range Caught 1 on a Jig with an Ugly Otter Trailer the rest of the 5 bass where caught on 6 Inch senkos WHacky style rigger No really a Great idea to be posting Lake ,Pond Names ect LOL You never know who is lurking But i do most my fishing on Lake x and Lake q.

Myle standish State forest Many lakes in there about 6 or more I am going this week maybe tommorow went there this week alot of small bass 1 pounds range Caught 1 on a Jig with an Ugly Otter Trailer the rest of the 5 bass where caught on 6 Inch senkos WHacky style rigger Not really a Great idea to be posting Lake ,Pond Names ect LOL You never know who is lurking But i do most my fishing on Lake x and Lake q.