Sign in to follow this  
hjerk24

Monster Potomac River Snake Head-

A guy from another tournament caught a 11 lb. snake head. It was pretty neat to see. Here is the pic, and any responses are welcomed. A few guys in our tournament said that they caught a few this weekend to. I checked to make sure it was not a bow fin, and it wasn't. Enjoy the pic.

Here's a cool pic...

http://www.tnfish.org/InvasivesExoticSpeciesTennessee_TWRA/files/BowfinSnakeheadGLERIdotNOAAdotGOV.gif

post-12561-130162934463_thumb.jpg

Fished Broad Creek yesterday, and caught 4 keepers.  Norther point down to the first docks, and out about 30-50 yards.  Not monsters, but did well.  Should have stayed there for the duration, I know we might have gotten the 5th keeper.  It was nice to see the planes go over all day.  What a beautiful fishery.  Fished near Mt. Vernon as well, that is some nice water and weeds just below the retaining walls.  Thanks for sharing your waters this weekend...it's a great place to fish!

Jamie

was this fish reported to fish & game?i though i read somewhere that some state mandate that this is done....anyone else know anything about that? from what i read they fight like crazy for its size

Since they are so many of them now don't think you have to report them anymore, just do not release them.

Was reported, and the fish/game official came, and then gave it to a local gentleman, who in turn ate it...from what he said he was going to do!!!! Here's another pic....check out the teeth on this thing!!!!!

post-12561-13016293447_thumb.jpg

There was a whole show on them on National Geography the other day. They seem like some angry fish. They put one in a Styrofoam container on ice for 24 hours and came back the next day and put it in water and it swam like nothing was different

I've never tried 'em but I hear they're actually pretty tasty.

Tastes like chicken :D

Check out this video...

and this one where one jumps out of the container...

Very interesting, and to see what they do to a Bass is Nasty!

Not Happy to see them at all, just interesting, since I have never seen one, let alone this big.  That's why I took the pictures.  You never know if you'll ever see anything like that again.  If one were to get on my line...it would be lights out...after I figured out how/what to use for the "last rights".

The potomac was awesome last weekend, and I am sure it is good this weekend too....enjoy, it's a very nice fishery!

jamie

That guy sure looks familiar huh????

They say they are great fighters...how did it hit, and how was the fight???

Just curious.

Jamie

Fought more like a pike.....strong at the beginning then petered out and was just along for the ride.  I wasn't overly impressed.