Sign in to follow this  
bass109

spinnerbait tips

Any tips form those spinnerbaits? I am not as good with the spinnerbait as crankbait.

color selection, size,ect? thanks

post-2328-130162869864_thumb.jpg

thanks Glenn,

whats your favorite hands on presentation using a spinnerbait?

contact, wake , slow roll, buzz, or other?

post-2328-130162869868_thumb.gif

what i am really excited about is the new hybrid spinnerbait/buzzbait lure, The hybrid blade.

I have never seen a spinner like that. but Iam sure what I saw kvd doing on tv will work with that type of spinner. Kvd was talking about bumping it off cover. When you hit the cover you should jerk it and let it fall a little. I also jerk it in a stright retrive back to the boat. I have had fish bit the bait in a stright line retrive. I then cast it back and jerk it a few times and let it fall. About 70% of the time I will hook up with him. Hope this helps

thanks tipptruck1 for advice. check out the hybrid blade, new lure for 07.

heres also a great spinnerbait

post-2328-13016286987_thumb.gif

My bread-n-butter presentation is to just bring it back quickly, and bump into stuff along the way.  But I always experiement with all the retrieves before reaching for another lure.  One thing also to try is to just kill it while retrieving.  Sometime bass will just follow it, and abruptly killing it will often force the strike.

In late winter/early spring when the water temps are in the low 40s, the slow roll spinnerbait can be a killer.  I personally like to upsize blades to get even a slower retrieve.  Many people this time of year are throwing alot of jigs and jerkbaits.  This makes the spinnerbait that much more effective-- a different look.

For anyone who does not know how to fish a spinnerbait I highly recommend the spinnerbait video KVD made for BPS. It is the best fishing video I have ever seen where you actually learn instead of just watching someone fish. He covers everything from retrieves to blade color selection without much pimping of SK products.

Allen