Sign in to follow this  
martijw

Panhandle bass spots????

I take a yearly trip to the Appalachicola area in July and while the deep sea fishing is a blast, I want to know where to go for lunker bass-hell, bass in general. I live in Ohio and I have always wanted to fish bass in Fl. Now of course, I dont want you to sell out your local small waters (unless you wish too), just the main bodies that are close by and the ones that can be accessed by shoreline - Furthermore, does anyone know anything about fishing upper Appalachicola River and Lake Wimico?? Thanks...

FLBassMan provided an excellent link.

I have once been to Appalachicola, Florida (on our way to Pensacola),

and it's one of the most beautiful, most secluded fishing ports I've ever seen!

Hurricane Lake and Deerpoint Lake have both gotten lots of press the past few years,

and of couse there's ever-famous Lake Jackson and Lake Talquin.

Roger

Lake Talquin is a excellent bass lake for me,I caught my personal best out of it10lbs 9ozs.Try shiner fishing in the upper end of the lake around Coes landing.Lake Jackson in Tallahasee has developed a sinkhole and is almost dry.If you fish the Tallahasee area you might want to try Lake Mickosukee or Lake Iamonia with BIG Shiners.I also caught my biggest bass on flyrod out of Lake Iamonia,7lbs2ozs.Hope this helps.

Thanks for the responses.  I checked out the site and things look good.  Now, if only my trip would hurry and get here...