Sign in to follow this  
VABasser

A few bass I've been catching lately

Usually I dont get around to posting up pics or reports of my fishing trips but figured I might as well considering I'm just bumming around the house today before leaving on vacation tomorrow.  I put up the boat and fishing Occoquan Res when the bite was getting a bit slow for my tastes  ;) and took the canoe out to a few spots I knew about.  Needless to say the last two weeks or so have treated me pretty good.  My dad got to join me on a few of these trips which is always good.  T-rigged soft plastics, usually weightless and topwater frogs are really all I've needed to throw.  We caught so many bass in the 1.5-3lb range that bothering with pictures wasnt worth it but heres a few of the bigger bass we caught.  I'm going to Idaho to visit family but there's always a big dose of fishing in that equation.  Usually for some great smallie action, my uncle said they caught a 6 lber a few days ago  :D.  Needless to say I'm pretty stoked.  Hopefully when I get back I'll have some good stories to tell.  Hope you all are catching them too.  Oh yeah threw in a pic of a decent striper I caught about a month ago live lining spot in the Bay, mixed it up and got to go out on a few trips there.  Fun stuff

IMGP0846.jpg

IMGP0872.jpg

IMGP0871.jpg

IMGP0866.jpg

IMGP0875.jpg

You got it goin' man!

8-)

Kick BASS Vabasser!  good job out there.  That's a b-e-a-utiful striper you got there.  You fishing the bay for those or you on one of the tidal rivers?  Looks wide, so I'm assuming bay.  I have wanted to go striper fishing FOREVER but I never get the chance to go and don't really have anyone to take me out on a boat for em'.  At least anyone with an extent of great knowledge to put me on the fish.

Good job again dude.  Those bucketmouth are pretty sweet too.  Good times!

Out on the bay, we launched out of Chesapeake Beach. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to getting to go for stripers. One of my friends who I fish with a lot his dad fishes for stripers all the time in the tournaments and what not. His dad knows a bunch of the charter captains and first mates too so we're usually on a pretty good bite. Actually the guy behind me in the first pic is the first mate on one of the boats up there. The captain let him take some of us out one day because they had no clients. So basically I got a free trip on a charter boat ;D it was pretty sick. If you ever get a chance to go out I'd go in the summer when they're live lining on spinning gear rather than in the winter trolling, it's a lot more fun.

Nice job fishing out there. It looks like you had a good day fishing that area. I know that area pretty well and it always has a good bite no matter what the conditions are. I was there fishing yesterday and caught 6 LMBs in about 90 minutes.

are thos spots on the VA potomac side? Just curious...I have a friend who lives in woodbridge, va and i might make the trip to belmont or pohick bay to fish with him out of my 2 person kayak. i've heard pohick bay is good for small boats. is there potomac bay or tributary on the va side that u would recommend...if u don't mind me asking?

Sweet fish, especially the striper.

Yep VA side.  I honestly havent fished a whole lot of the Potomac considering how big it is, Pohick Bay included.  I've been meaning to get around to it but just haven't yet.  I'm bummed I've got to head back to college in two weeks cause the exploring will have to wait til next summer