Sign in to follow this  
flippin4it.

Greentop

Just got done looking at Greentops web site and it seems they are going to have a store coming to us online!!!!!!! I'm freakin out!!!! ;)

SWEET!

i've been to their store once or twice and it was great. that would be awesome if they put up an online shop.

Yep, they're awesome, I went today after taking a peek at the new BPS. Naturally, business was a bit slow because of the bps opening, I hope they don't edge them out :'(

I did pick up about 6 bags of the new 10in ragetail anacondas though...

GreenTop offers advatages that BPS does not have, such as...

An excellent selction of Zoom and Senko products...

Excellent selectin of crankbaits and topwaters...

Helpful guys...

Salespeople who know fishing and are very helpful on selecting baits for specific bodies of water...

Stable sales force with little turnover...

Excellent selectin of other tackle such as line, hooks, sinkers, swivels, weights...

Outstanding selection of rods and reels...

Shimano factory reps once a year to answer your questinos and solve your rod and reel problems...

Although we have a BPS with their advantages, good ole Green Top has their advantages especially ifyou are seeking Zoom or Senko products plus an excellent selectin of crankbaits.

Be sure to visit Green Top after you visit BPS so you can pick up what you can't get at BPS.  ;)

I will drive past BPS and go to Greentop anyday. They have what a serious angler needs without all the BS. I bet I would be divorced and broke if the store was in northern Virginia!  ;D

I'm a big BPS guy, I love the store and could stay in just about any one of them for 10 hours if the wife would let me.  That said, Greentop hands down beats the pants off of ANY BPS that I've been to for selection.  They have stuff I haven't even heard of, or only heard rumors of.  If I am within 50 miles of Greentop, you can bet I'll get there.

I'm a big BPS guy, I love the store and could stay in just about any one of them for 10 hours if the wife would let me. That said, Greentop hands down beats the pants off of ANY BPS that I've been to for selection. They have stuff I haven't even heard of, or only heard rumors of. If I am within 50 miles of Greentop, you can bet I'll get there.

Makes me think I shouldn't ever make the trip. Could get ugly and very costly if what you guys say is true! I guess my xmas gifts this year will be I.O.U. cards......

yeah, Greentop has obscure stuff like Case Plastics and other stuff from small companies that the big chains just don't carry.

I stopped going as much when they stopped stocking cortland camo.  Great selection of lures and reels

Yes Greentop is the place to go for some good knowledge. The staff there is always polite and it does not take long for someone to come up to you for help. Yes BPS is the bomb but whenever I go up there it will definetly be both places.   :)

BPS is a box-store.  Greentop has character.   I'd go to Greentop for everything if I didn't live 70 miles away.

BTW, Greentop has always had a phone ordering service.  You could call them, place an order and they would ship to you.  

Greentop is a must for anyone in the area, I'm fortunate enough to live relatively close and go there often. They have the best selection and best staff of any shop I've been to.

is Greentop a big store or just a small tackle shop? i've heard they have great stuff.

It is a good sized store, lets just say if Zoom made they got it. They carry a great selection of pretty much everyting. Rods, reels, soft plastics,jigs, live bait and so on. They even have a great selection of fire arms...  Trust me on this, I drive 90 minutes just to shop there. BPS and Dicks don't sell half of what I'm lookin for, Greentop sells all of it.........Except Powell rods. ;D  

Well, before I visited GT, I thought it was large, on the size of BPS, or Gander Mountain large but when I went I was surprised at how small it really was.  Don't get me wrong, they have fishing and hunting gear packed wall to wall and have more gear than 5 Dick's Lodges put together.

I stopper into Dicks today at fairoaks I wish it was still gallyens.....

Greentop isn't small, it's cozy.  It's tight inside, but well organized.  It also has a unique smell.  That kind of smell that tells you the good stuff is there.  

It also has a unique smell. That kind of smell that tells you the good stuff is there.

Isn't that the smell of bait tanks?  Or maybe it's the smell of money escaping my wallet...  

Greentop is a great little place to visit and they do carry a lot of baits that you don't find at big box stores.  

If you are south of Richmond there is Dance's in Colonial Heights. Also a smaller shop but lots of baits that you normally can't find.  Lots of local tackle to choose from as well as some of the harder to find Japanese baits.  Oh, and super deals when they have them.  

It also has a unique smell. That kind of smell that tells you the good stuff is there.

Isn't that the smell of bait tanks? Or maybe it's the smell of money escaping my wallet...

Greentop is a great little place to visit and they do carry a lot of baits that you don't find at big box stores.

If you are south of Richmond there is Dance's in Colonial Heights. Also a smaller shop but lots of baits that you normally can't find. Lots of local tackle to choose from as well as some of the harder to find Japanese baits. Oh, and super deals when they have them.

Yes Dances is good as well. I go there alot because its so close to me. The people in there are also great!!

Don't you all forget Castaways, too.

Great selection of Zoom baits.  ;)

Another sleeper store is Hooker Bait and Tackle in Williamsburg.  That store carries a lot of high end stuff, including Megabass, Jackall, OSP, Ima, Deps, etc...  Lots of hard to find Japanese baits.  Full slection of Zoom, and some locally produced baits like the excellent baits from The Wright Bait Company.  I recommend a looksy when in that area.