Sign in to follow this  
Cytic

Lake Rooty Innsbrook, Richmond

I think I am getting the hang of this. :-) I caught this one in Lake Rooty in Innsbrook tonight. Its more of a pond but its definitely got some fish in it. This is my personal best although I did not weigh it. I caught it on a small panfish jig head with a yellow/black 2in grub along with a golden safety pin spinner.

post-13913-130162942676_thumb.jpg

Hit this 3lb 4oz-er today on a baby brush bug in junebug w/ chartreuse tails. Fun fight! he ran a few times

2620196006_f953c4a1d1.jpg

Pic doesn't do him justice!

Is Lake Rooty the first lake on the left, or the 2nd one when coming off of Broad?

Great pics!  

Super fish!!

You guys did super!!!

Keep it up and sending us those pics of the Richmond area bass.

I need to start taking a camera with me like I do when I take kids fishing.

I bet the Innsbrook area will be quiet this weekend and you guys will probably have the lake to yourselves.

In the meatime, I am cleaning up the garage so we can paint the floor.

But rods, reel and tackle box is in the SUV, ready to roll at a moments notice.  :)

Made my way to Lake Rooty this evening with my wife, she brought a chair and a book.  Also took the role of my photographer :)  Got 4 but one lipped out at the edge.  All were caught on Senko blues, whacky rigged.  Awesome lake!  Can't wait to head back over, quick 20-25 min drive for me but well worth it!

My wife wants me to apologize for my hair, I'm in summer vacation mode as a teacher so the hair I don't care, and the shaving doesn't happen often.  My lucky camo shorts were worn so that is the main reason they were caught.

img0140al9.jpg

img0144hw1.jpg

img0149rr4.jpg

Link,

Super pics.

Good job.

Isn't your wife expecting?

And she still goes with  you.  Wonderful lady.

Salisbury Lake is now being "patroled" so stay away. Seems they are running off everyone who is not a member of the country club.

Keep those cards and letters coming.  :)

Thanks for the comments Sam, yes my wife is expecting in November! She is pretty awesome for going out with me, and just putting up with me in general.  Headed back out to Rooty now with my brother in law :)

Link,

Super pics.

Good job.

Isn't your wife expecting?

And she still goes with  you.  Wonderful lady.

Salisbury Lake is now being "patroled" so stay away. Seems they are running off everyone who is not a member of the country club.

Keep those cards and letters coming.  :)

Yep got ran off last week, sad because it was such a good place to fish too.  

Another place you guys could try is ooff Nuckols road too, take a left on Nuckols from Cox road and you'll see it on your right inside an office park place (west shore?).  I've had alot of luck here too recently, nothing big aver around 1lb but fun if you're just looking to hook into something.  

Hit up Lake Rooty again this morning with my brother in law...I had 4 total, he didn't catch a single one which was surprising to me.  Here are the larger two, I'm addicted to the lake and only wish I lived closer.

img0150oc3.jpg

img0153gp0.jpg

Nice fish! missed this thread for some reason! That first one looks like a nice 3lber-ish and the second looks like a solid 2!

good job!

Thanks buddy!  I didn't have my scale with me, it was a solid one that's for sure.

I'll be out there tomorrow evening :)

I was at Rooty lastnight and caught two, nothing great both were small 1lbers if they were soaking wet.  I think the rain we had the day before messed with the water a bit.  Will be back there Sunday evening....

Does anybody fish the other lakes in the area?  Rooty is the only one I've fished.  I love it there.

Not really sure. Does anybody know if we're allowed to put a kayak in Lake Rooty?

I don't think so =/

it's kinda small (more of a big pond than a lake) and surrounded by office buildings.  Decent fish in there though =D

If you do please do it on a Sunday when the offices are empty other than for a few people working.

This is the rule I learned in the Army:

If you are told not to do something and you do, you are in trouble.

If you do something that no one told you not to do you can talk your way out of it.

So put the kayak in and see what happens.  ;D