Sign in to follow this  
BassinAssassin171

Best Jigs

Jewel heavy cover finesse football.  Check out the new Berkley jigs (they come pre-packaged with 2 trailers and an extra skirt).  They look excellent.  They have the same ticker rattler that is part of the head like the old Jay Yelas jig; something most other jigs don't have.  

The ones you tie yourself.

A "jig" is just a weighted hook.

I really can't suggest a specific jig without knowing the cover, water depth

and exactly what trailer you intend to use, if any.

Roger

Off-topic replies have been removed.  He asked for jigs carried by BPS.

I have used just about every brand of jig that BPS carries and they all work. I have favorites just like everyone else but I don't necessarily think that they are any better than the others. Personal preference comes with color, rattles or no rattles, types of structure or conditions expecting to fish, etc. Durability is a factor to consider as well but each of the brands BPS has are very durable as well. Not sure you can go wrong with any jig you choose as long as you fish it in the right places. Bend a rod!

I have used just about every brand of jig that BPS carries and they all work. I have favorites just like everyone else but I don't necessarily think that they are any better than the others. Personal preference comes with color, rattles or no rattles, types of structure or conditions expecting to fish, etc. Durability is a factor to consider as well but each of the brands BPS has are very durable as well. Not sure you can go wrong with any jig you choose as long as you fish it in the right places. Bend a rod!

BINGO,