New to Bass Fishing

pplascencia

So I'm fairly new to bass fishing. I live in Murrieta, CA and got hooked when I went to Shasta Lake last month. I didn't catch anything really big, but I had a blast. I've checked out a couple of the local lakes like DVL and Skinner, but haven't had much luck. I'm struggling a bit with when, where, and technique.  I've started my collection of tackle, but I have a feeling the technique is the problem.

I'd love to hook up with someone willing to have me tag along; see if I can learn a thing or too and maybe meet some fishing buddies along the way. I don't really know anyone in the area that's into fishing.

I've been doing mostly shore fishing but will probably rent a boat next time I go to DVL. Shoot me an email if you're interested in maybe splitting a boat or having me along.

Pedro

• Super User

There's quite a few guys on this sight that fish near you, there was another thread of about someone fishing DVL.

Get some videos, and read up as much as you can on this site, it will help a lot.

The past few months have been tough fishing EVERYWHERE so don't get too down.

Goodluck,

p.s. Catch and Release  ;D

• Super User

Welcome to CA. Being new to bass fishing is good, no bad habits to over come.

My suggestion is buy and read Don Iovino's book Finesse Bass fishing and the sonar connection; http://www.iovino.com/donbook.htm

This little book has a of of very good information you can apply to western bass fishing.

WRB