Sign in to follow this  
TournyFish001

rebel crawdad crank...

anyone use these or have any luck with them??? I almost bought a couple today but managed to rip the monkey off my back and said bad monkey not yet gotta ask the guys on bass resource first!!!  Anyway they look awesome but never hear anyone brag about them- the new deep model had the monkey howling-

Love them in rivers! However I never have much luck with them in lakes. I do suggest getting at least one though if you do fish rivers for small mouth bass.

One of the all time best cranks in my book, at least where there are a fair amount of crawdads. Catches smallies, largemouth, and anything else pretty much. I do well with them in both lakes and rivers. My favorite is the rebel wee craw in chartreuse.

I really like the looks of the "stream craw" color in the new deep diver version- there are a lot of crawdads up here and I fish for smallmouth with a largmouth here and there.  I mainly fish reservoirs

They do very well on smallies in rivers. I have never tried them in lakes. Maybe I will try that this year.

Anything that lives in the lake will nail them, not just bass.

I have done very well with a similar bait, the Thunderclaw, in rivers.  My fishing partner uses the rebel and doesn't do as well, but still gets them.  I prefer the shallower ones and try to run them along the banks, fish will take them right off the bottom!  Never had a small mouth, but I almost always get a LM off it when I go out.

i like them for feeder river or creeks of bigger lakes with good smallmouth populations    works great in small rivers too

Yes, I use them, and they produce for me, especially in the fall.