Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Heddon ZARA GOSSA

Anyone ever heard of this lure? Can anyone shed light on this lure? They are Triangular in shape,jointed have a rattle chamber inside and about 4 inches in length. They appear to be a crank bait of some sort. No lip or bill though. Could these possibly be shallow diving lures? Can anyone shed light on this lure?

One more pic

Got two of those gathering dust in the dishonarably discharged from duty box along with other completely useless lures like a couple of Heddon 's Cousin II, never caught even a cold with them.

It's a jerkbait. The bait enables you to create a "walk the dog" effect underwater. They look pretty cool when you do it but I never caught a single fish with one. A pretty neat little idea someone had way back when but I'm guessing that not a lot of research and development went into it. Cutting edge jerkbaits of today like Lucky Craft's Pointer and Rapala's X-Rap will do the job much better and are PROVEN fish catchers.

I have one of them in firetiger......... Junk lure. It has caught more fishermen than fish.

These baits came out back when Slug-o's became all the craze.  It was supposed to be the hard bait version of a soft stick bait.  I wouldn't say it is a great bait but it does have good action to it when worked properly.  It is not supposed to be fished like a hard jerk bait.  I have caught a few on the chrome and black one.  

The "Zaragossa Minnow" is one of the oldest fishing lures in existence.

It was introduced in 1922 by James Heddon and Sons. The original Zaragoosa Minnow was a hand-painted wooden plug.

It was named as a tribute to the hookers that sashayed in walk-the-dog fashion, down Zaragossa Street, Pensacola, Florida.

Incidentally, don't rush to Zaragossa St, because the stroll aint' what she used to be ;D

Roger