Sign in to follow this  
BuzzBait25

Wave Worms

My opinion is they have the same action as a senko, they are as soft, but they are durable and half the price.  The wave worm is the best stick bait on the market b/c alot of them out there have no action whatsoever, everyone jumped on the band wagon to get these out and they are super hard and have junk action.  Then people say they last longer ya but u sacrifice action big time.  The wave worm is very durable but has very good action, I have caught countless bass on one whereas a senko you might catch one if your lucky before tearing it up.

my 2 cents

Good but I still prefer Senko's.  I understand the durability issue, though I did catch (3) on the same Senko on my pond this morning

Wave worms have a better color selection, and are more durable.    Something about that white pearl in the Tikis just rocks for me.  The only senko that I will throw before a wave worm is the pumpkinseed colored one, otherwise it's Tiki Stiks across the boards.  

Wave worms are great baits.    I hear its 50/50 around my area.    Wave worms are made nearby Fork, so we have alot of locals using Tiki Sticks and such.  Love their lizzards as well.

Both great baits, both catch fish.

IMO, it has a different action than a Senko. I've had days when the Tiki Stick out performs the Senko and just as many day when the Senko out did the Tiki.

For largemouths, I perfer the Bam-Boo Sicks. For smallies, the original Tiki Sticks.

I realize that this thread has been done to death, but opinions do keep changing.

The senko is softer than a tiki stick and offers a little more tail waddle. This begs the question, "Is more action necessarily better"?

I think the answer is sometimes, but other times less action may be better. In fact, that's probably the main reason

why the zoom trick worm stole the lead position from the culprit ribbontail worm (more subtle action).

I like all the stick worms, but my personal favorite (right now) is the wave worm Tiki Stick.

Price aside, I prefer the tiki stick to the senko in heavy cover because they hold up a little longer.

In addition, Florida lakes are essentially shallow, and the tiki stick has a slower fall rate than the senko.

Last but not least, I really haven't noticed any meaningful difference in the success between the two (admittedly hard to measure).

BTW: I usually rig the tiki stick wacky-style, but bury a short-shank hook in the center of the worm so it's completely weedless.

Roger