Sign in to follow this  
awicker

Costa Del Mar lens

I'm looking to buy a pair of costa's.  What's your favorite lens color for sight fishing, or allows you to see under water the best?  Also, how much better is the new 580 lens as compared to the other types? How much better is glass compared to the rest??? any help is appreciated.  

Thanks 8-)

Welcome aboard!

8-)

I like amber or vermillion for sight fishing.  Don't know much about the glass vs polycarbonate lenses though.  Just got my girl a pair of Costa Del Mars.  I believe there are the "Isabell" with the amber lenses.  She loves them.  

I think either the amber or vermillion will be fine for sight fishing.  I have the amber ones in my Fluids and they seem to be fine.  As far as glass compared to polycarbonate lenses, glass more durable from the standpoint of scratching, but also will shatter if hit hard, read, a jig flying back at you and hits the lense. Not a good thing to have glass shatting that close to your eye.  Glass is also heavier than the poly lenses, so that can be a issue if wearing for long periods of time.

I have never used the 580 lenses so I can't speak on their behalf, but I love the two pair of Costas that I have.

I have a pair of MP2's with green mirror glass.  I really like them.  I believe they are amber based.  Also the glass are actually lighter than the CR-39.  I orginally had the CR-39 in amber, and had a little accident in which my glasses spent the better part of a year in my backyard pond.  When i sent them back i upgraded to the glass, and i am glad i did.  lighter and clearer.    

Check this link out, give you an overview of all the lenses.  You wont regret getting Costas.  Best sunglasses out there.

http://www.costadelmar.com/SeeOutThere/Technology/PureLensPerfection/

hello, i have the costa del mar fathom in amber, and like them alot, but i just got the fathom in green mirror and WOW i love these, really comfy and you can see everything, just my opinion