Sign in to follow this  
YakAttack

Rainwear?

First off if this is in the wrong section, I am sorry as I didnt know where to post it.

Just curious as to what rainwear you like and where did you get it if you remember? I am going away fishing for a week on Lake Erie here in a couple weeks and want to take some decent/good rainwear with me, as I am sure sometime in that week it will rain, and I dont want to loose a day of fishing to foul weather.

Thanks and help

I bought a pair from cabelas it was alaskan guide pvc suit it had a parka and bibs for about 100 bucks last year. there the best I use them a couple times a year I mostly leave them on the boat hope that helps

RW, what do you recommend for rain gear during the hot, humid months in the South?  The guide bibs and parka from Cabelas look heavy.  I think I would suffocate wearing something like that during a summer shower.  Any other ideas?

RW, what do you recommend for rain gear during the hot, humid months in the South? The guide bibs and parka from Cabelas look heavy. I think I would suffocate wearing something like that during a summer shower. Any other ideas?

Shorts and t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guideware I am wearing in my avatar is uninsulated. With proper layering, the outfit is good for as cold as you are willing to fish! Long-johns underneath, hunting outfit over it. On the upside, the Guideware is comfortable at any temperature when it is raining. More specifically, 65-75 is top range.

I have a generic BPS outfit that I carry in the summer (pants and jacket), but I think a $2 poncho is all you need when it's warm and a shower pops up.

8-)

for the south, get some frog toggs

Frogg Toggs are flat out awesome for warm weather climates. I fished in a pretty steady rain yesterday and was completely dry from head to toe!!!

Well, we're not really comparing apples to apples here.  

Frog Toggs will get you by for $60, but they won't last

if you wear them alot. They tend to leak down the back

and tear easily, particularly at the seams.

lol, I don't want to spook the fish in my birthday suit. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look at the Frogg Toggs.

Thanks guys, I am not an avid rain fisherman so maybe I will opt for the Frog Toggs as I will probably only use them a couple times a year at best.

I always carry one of those $2 dollar ponchos in the boat for pop up stuff, but I rarely fish in a all day soaker. I know I should but, for some reason I just hate fishing in the rain.

If you are not fishing in the rain or fishing in the summer months  I would buy something cheap, like a poncho from Walmart. If you are serious about having something for the fall through the spring I would get the best rain gear that I could afford. In the fall and winter months a good rainsuit will break a lot of wind and keep you warm. The BPS 100MPH is a good suit too and the old ones are on clearance.

birthday suit is good cause then it is easier to check the

water depth  ;D

I like frog togs but like RW said you can't beat the throwaway poncho

If you buy the Frog Toggs, be sure to get bibs.