Sign in to follow this  
wagn

Jerk baits- thanks bass resource

Just wanted to thank bass resource and everyone on it for all the great information that is on this forum.

I've never been any good at early season fishing and with the weather being so crazy this year up in NH, i was sure that my spring fishing would be worse then usual. But because of this forum, it's discussions, and articles I was able to learn about jerk baits and the right way to fish them. It gave me the confidence to stick with them and eventually they have started working for me.

I went  out just yesterday and caught 7 bass in an 1 1/2 hours on jerkbaits during a 50 degree rainy cold front after the last week was in the 70's.

If it hadn't been for all of the discussion and information on these baits here, i probably would have just tried a few cast and given up. But other peoples success gave me the confidence to branch out and try these baits instead of sticking to old patterns and techniques.

Just wanted to say thanks

congrats on your bass!  Glad to hear you stuck w/ it and your efforts paid off  8-) Jerkbaits are an excellent all-round kind of lure and are a staple of almost all the fishermen I know. (but not a crutch!)

It always feels good to use the advice you have gained and use it successfully.  Building confidence and skill w/ your given tackle is what it is all about imo. Some lures and baits I wouldn't have even tried until I read of the success people in these forums were having while using them.

So huzzah for the bass fishing resource community!  :)

Love to hear that!  Congrats!  

Thanks guys

Cory N, I was fishing very slow, cranking the bait quickly to get it down, and then one long rod sweep letting it sit for a full 5 count and then one another rod sweep.  I was using x-raps exclusively in the smaller size

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I also got my first Jig fish today, actually 4 jig fish. I've never really worked at jigs prefering to fish t-rigged worms and lizards, but now am hooked on the jig. Again I have to thank this forum for all it's info and especially one member !pain! who took me out today and showed me the ropes. I love learning new techniques.

Here's a pic of my first Jig fish

fishing002.jpg

Foul weather fisherman in the house!!

instant respect has been granted,....GREAT pic!!  :) :)

(ps- If that jacket has gore-tex, zip your underarm vents in weather like that and the gore-tex will work better for you.  Leaving those open in actual rain is like turning the heat on but leaving the back window open :) )

Woo-Hoo!

Nice post, great story and pic!

That's a fine bass, too.

8-)