Sign in to follow this  
Handy

LC lvr vs Rat-l-trap

I had been using traps for some time with decent success but 2 years ago I saw the  LC lvr and their awesome colors so I switched. In those 2 years I have not caught one fish on either of my lvr's. I would even go as far as saying that the traps swam better for me than the lvr. I could slow roll the trap but for some reason the lvr will kind of fall on it's side and come to the surface. So my question is, keep working wth the lvr's or go back to the traps? I have considered buying a  SK red eye shad "trap" to experiement with. Any comments?

Paul

Give the yo zuri rattlin vibe a shot. It is by far the best lipless bait i've used. I hear stories of the red eye shads eyes falling off and then it doesn't run true

I'm a fan of the rapala traps, they're a bit cheaper than the rat-l-traps and also Dick's Sporting Goods frquently has 20% off all rapalas so I usually stock up on those.

I have a couple of the strike king red eyed shad, neither one runs true. I have a whole 3700 plano box full of lewis traps, all run true and are good producing lures. ymmv!

I can buy 5-6 traps for the price of one of the LC. I will stick to traps. I have a couple of the diamond shad and I am pretty sure that I have never been bit on either.

I have killed them on the SK red eye shad. Never had an eye fall off. The only problem I have is losing traps on a snag.

Give the yo zuri rattlin vibe a shot. It is by far the best lipless bait i've used.

I have had prertty good luck with the LC LVR-Max-500 and LVR 300,

but the Yo-Zuri RattlN' Vibe rocks! At Guntersville last March I caught

most of my fish on a XCalibur Xr50, blue chrome/ orange.

8-)

I've caught fish on all of them.  For some reason, smallies seemed to like the LC better.  I didn't notice much difference in the running.  It did seem like the LC stayed down during a quick burn.  

J

i have had alot of sucess with traps but i really like the sk shad however the eyes do fal off!!!

most recently both eyes fell off on the first catch!

I like the Xcaliber, Knami and the Strike King red-eyed shad.  I have about 30 different rat-l baits in my tackle box and all of them have caught fish.

I have fished all of the above trap type baits and have done well with all of them at different times. This winter in Florida the LV in american shad was the ticket. In the past the Rat-l-trap in Smokey Joe was the #1 lure. The LC did not dive as deep and worked the best in the 3' water.

Cordell Spot works as well or better than 90% of the lipless baits I've tried - which is over 20 different models.    

It sounds like you like a lipless bait that works well at slow speeds - - stay way from the XCalibur and Rapala stuff - - you slow them down and they drop their action.  

You can work the Spot at any speed and it will still do it's thang.    

I'm not impressed with Lucky Craft vibes - - - if you want an expensive Japanese vibe, try an Ever Green Buzzer Beater, Air Viper Risebacker, or Jackall TN/70.    

FWIW....the BPS Rattlin' Shads are EXCELLENT baits - especially given the price.