Sign in to follow this  
wagn

He's got his priorities straight

I turned my back for a second and this is what happened.

Jonah774.jpg

My little guy is only 9 months old and already all about the fishing. I can't wait till he's old enough to spend the day out on the lake.

I've also had to move my rod racks because he thinks there is nothing more exciting then trying to yank the rods off the wall.

Man, that's precious!

8-)

Awesome  8-)

I was like that when I was little. Fair warning though: I had a habit of throwing fishing poles over the side of the boat.  ;D

;D cute! I have to lock the spare bedroom door because of my little three year old wanting to play with the fishing stuff as well.He pretty much knows that the room is off limits without me or my girl in there.

When we watch fishing shows together he goes "let's go fishing Daddy!"  8-)

my 6 yr old little brother is the same way, he's gonna be on his second season though and he already said that hes just fishing for bass this year like his big brother lol.

Wagn thats a great picture and a cute son too, your a lucky guy!  ;D

There is no better gift you can give your son than the love of fishing.  I cherish everday I get to spend on the water with my boy.

Not to hijack - I got my first born coming in September around the middle of the month. Find out the sex in three weeks (she's 17 weeks today). Can't wait. Either way I'm hoping that it will love fishing as much as me. My dad and I have it running through our veins so I'm sure once we show the youngster what fun it can be they will be on board too.

Great picture, too cute for words lol. Now just remember to snap those first pics when you get it out on the water with you!

Awesome  8-)

I was like that when I was little. Fair warning though: I had a habit of throwing fishing poles over the side of the boat.  ;D

While screaming the rocks the rocks... you were trying to keep the boat afloat.  

Cute picture, my dad couldn't keep me out of the garage where all the big boy toys were

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I am always thankful for the time i spent with my father outdoors and am so happy to have a son that i will be able to raise the same way.

There is nothing that I value more then time with him. This is my first so I'm learning alot as I go. At what age should I start teaching him to fish? I know right now he's to young. I figure he'll have to be about 2 years old before I can start trainging him to be the next KVD ;D

great pic. i took my son fishing for the first time at 4 with just the end of a cane pole and some crickets, and yep he caught some bream, but after about 30 minutes or so he had opened up the cricket container and was chasing crickets around the dock. my daughter was 3 when i first took her, same method, minus the crickets. its fun, now my son (7) and daughter (5) talk about how good the cover looks on certain lakes. good times

I have 3 kids and all of them love to fish.  Your little guy will be after you everytime you try to leave the house soon.  Great pic and thanks for sharing it with us.

Great pic Wagn!! Thanks for sharing with us. It won't be long before you can take one like this:

post-52-130162959459_thumb.jpg

That is a really nice picture, I can hardly wait to take pictures like that with my first grandchild (due in September), JCrzy4Bass is my son and his wife wife is due in September.

Congratulations to both you Rondef and JCrzy4bass. My Dad was so excited for his first grandchild. My Parents just moved to a house on a river this last year and it's going to provide lost of great memories for my Son.

Good stuff!  My 3 nephews are 15, 8, and 2.  The 8 year old will fish for a decent amount of time, but still prefers exploring the banks by the end of the day.  The two year old mainly plants structure in the water for me, aka rocks.  The 15 year old loves to fish but is constantly text messaging his girlfriend!!  LOL

T. At what age should I start teaching him to fish? I know right now he's to young. I figure he'll have to be about 2 years old before I can start trainging him to be the next KVD ;D

My boy got his first fishing pole (shrek combo from wal-mart) at age 2.  He is almost 3 now and can cast that thing 20-30 feet. I figure in the next year or so he will move up to real hooks and not just a casting plug.