Sign in to follow this  
Fish Man

grand theft auto 4?

Just curious whether or not anyone else out there is playing gta4. i just got it this afternoon and love it.

I played for about 3 hours last night and it didn't so much as hiccup.  There could be a bad batch of disks floating around...or it could be some dolts with screwed up consoles.  Both the 360 and PS3 both had problems with initial release systems, so it could date back to that.

Whatever the case may be, I have my first gun on GTA4, I own a motorcycle, and I am actually enjoying the storyline for once.  No freezes, no hiccups, no "glass cities" like San Andreas...I'm impressed.

I played for about 3 hours last night and it didn't so much as hiccup. There could be a bad batch of disks floating around...or it could be some dolts with screwed up consoles. Both the 360 and PS3 both had problems with initial release systems, so it could date back to that.

i had the same experiance. so far neither me or any of my friends have had trouble with it

It looks like so far that it's affecting all PS3's... new and old. I have a 20 gig that I picked up after X-mas  (after the launch) I haven't had a single problem. Not sure if I want to tempt fate, but I've been looking forward to GTA4 for a long time.

On a side note, I grabbed Assassins Creed a few weeks ago.... was pretty disappointed. Graphically it's sweet, but the gameplay get's kinda boring fast.

I wish I could play it! I sold my 360 to buy swimbait stuff. I need to get a job so I can play the game. How is it?

So far so good. I traded a bunch of games last night so it only cost me $2.44 out of pocket.  :)

I think the major problem with the PS3 is being logged into the network. The game tries to connect to online play and get's locked up. I played mine for a few hours last night without any hickups. I just unplugged my ethernet cable before I put the game in.

yea im going to end up buying a 360 just to play this game

how much do 360s usually cost? like at walmart?

Only buy the elite dont waste your money on the other 360's

I got the Elite on sale on base for 399 I think?  Maybe 299.  I forget.  It rocks though.  Having that hard drive sure is nice.  Especially since GTA4's music tracks SUCK!  I just go on rampages to Disturbed, Rob Zombie, and Metallica now.  Proper rampages

Great Game....

Always make me laugh my (_*_) off....

Has accounted for my lack of sleep the last 2 weeks.

Got it for the 360 on launch day.  I've been too busy playing with the new boat but I did get to kill a few hookers..uhm, I meant "Ladies of the Evening".  

The game is amazing!  My only problem is how realistic they've made it now.  It makes it a PAIN to do missions at night because once I've smashed my headlights I can't see ****!

ill stick with call of duty 4

thats one of the best games ive ever played. cant wait to play it online

that is definitely the best game online. havent played the story line.

the story is awsome.my friends are playign online and say its amazing. i just need to get a long enough ethernet cable and then ill be online too