Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Kinda like it kinda don�t

Since momma retired last month she wanted to move again, I wanted to move back to Hemphill she didn't, I said I'll see you on weekends. Well momma won we bought her a house, it aint new but it aint that old.

What I kinda like about it:

Paid in full

Quite neighborhood

Fenced back yard for grand kids

Covered patio with outdoor kitchen

Every thing she wanted; 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, dining room

Huge Guy Room

What I kinda don't like:

For the first time in over 17 years we'll be living in the city even though the city is only 72,000 it's still city to me.  :-/

I know what you mean, Catt.  I grew up on a farm and now I live in Kansas City.  I'm still a good 13 - 15 years from retirement but my wife and I have agreed that we want to get out of town and closer to a nice lake when we retire.  I hope she doesn't change her mind.  

If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy ;)!!!

As Ever,

skillet

Man i love the city....there's places to fish that people didn't even know about.Only thing is you gotta find those places.

Plus i find that in the city there's so much more things to do and places are a lot closer to home.When places are closer to home you save a bit of gas...which is a plus side for me.

Good luck with the adjustment bud.  I'm sure you'll adapt just fine. ;) and a happy momma ain't a bad thing, right?

As Ever,

skillet

wiser words were never said.

b

X3  and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7

As Ever,

skillet

My wife keeps telling me that but I don't listen.  At least until I heard my son say it...... :)

I feel for you catt. I grew up on Rayburn and now I'm stuck in Houston. Wife won't move up there so I guess I will continue to make the drive. Good luck with yours.

Congratulations on the home.

Thanks for the encouragement guys; I've only lived in the city maybe 8-10 years total spread out over 56 years. Some of you country boys will relate but if I'm in the yard it aint nothing to take a wiz behind a tree, bush, or barn. If I want to yell, scream, shoot my gun or chase the kids around the yard aint no one says chit. Oh well at least I suppose to get a boat out of the deal but I don't have the heart to change my address on my profile.

Catt,

We moved from Chesterfield County into the City of Richmond after Scott graduated high school (schools in Richmond are, at best, poor) and we bought a four bedroom, three bath house on one acre of land.

We have woods in the back; a large yard to the south; one neighbor on the north and one across the street.

We had our LSU crawfish boil at our house this year and accommodated 154 people in the yard with no problem. We had 260 people here a few years ago with no problems.

I can go outside and see birds, racoons, possums and of course, lots and lots of deer.

There are ponds withn two miles and I found a honey hole about four miles away that I can go and catch bass after bass after bass all day long.

So living in a city is not that bad if you have the right property.