Sign in to follow this  
Fisher of Men

Prayers needed

Hey guys,

I haven't been in for a while due to lots of things (end of school, house is under contract, looking for another home to no avail, etc.).

Anyhow, you guys know my faith and also know that I am a believer in prayer.  I'm usually not one to ask, but I feel close enough to you all to ask for your prayers.  I am undergoing minor back surgery tomorrow and will be in the hospital overnight.  I will need to be on light duty for about two weeks to follow.  We are supposed to close on the sale of our house around the 25th of the month, so I should be closer to 100% by then to do some light lifting.  I've got a couple of friends who have volunteered to come and move the heavy stuff for me.  Please pray for my speedy recovery as well as for us to find a place to live.  Our goal is to move up the road (about 10 miles) where I teach and serve on the church staff.  Right now, no homes are available, but I have faith that the right property will open up soon.  If worse comes to worse, we can store our stuff and stay with relatives here and there for a few weeks.  We've also considered getting an RV and do some camping through the summer.  Oh, well. . . I'll see you guys real soon.  I'm sure in my recovery I'll be spending a little more time on BassResource.com.

God bless,

Stacy

Prayers sent, good luck on your back sugery. I hope you have full and speedy recovery.

Big T

Stacy, you sound like a man with a can-do attitude.  I believe you and your family will be fine.  Good luck to you and yours!

I will pray for you, but God knows about your moving situation and a house WILL come up that is perfect for you and the family.

-searoach

I don't pray much, but I will for you, you're a very deserving guy.  

May God help you with a speedy recovery from your back surgery and also a nice place to live for you and yours.

God Bless

My payers are with you and your family, have a good surgery and an even better recovery.

Had back surgery a number of yrs. ago myself. Morning after was up and walking down the hall with NO pain. Pretty much the same since. Things will be good. Thoughts are with you!!!

As Ever,

skillet

Matthew 6:33 & 34.....I am praying for you buddy.

Ronnie

Prayers sent.

Absolutely I will pray for you my friend that God will take care of your health, your family and all your needs.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

The surgery is the easy part.  Just carpentry 101.

It is the recovery that can be difficult.

Please take it easy and do not overdo it even if you feel great.

And when God shuts a door he opens a window. You just don't know it but everything is for the better.  So hang in there.

We need you around for about another 50 years!

Stacy, I'd like to echo what Sam said. I've been through spine surgery six times, and I can't stress enough how important it is to do what the Doctors say. Don't be in too much of a hurry to do things. It is so important to let the body heal, because if you un-do what the Doctors fix the next surgery could be much worse.

You have my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery,  and a new home.

God Bless,

Falcon

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, guys!!  I had my surgery yesterday about 1:00 pm and returned home this morning around 9 am.  I had great care in a small doctor's owned facility (24 beds).  Today I have some numbness in the lower leg and some pain in my lower back due to the 1 and 1/4 inch incision.  I had a hard time coming out of anesthesia yesterday afternoon so I was glad I stayed overnight.  Thank you Sam and Falcon for the good advice.  I am VERY stubborn about such things as I don't like to be down at all.

In regards to our housing situation, we have been made aware of a couple of rental properties in the area and will be looking at one of them in a couple of days (the owner is doing some painting).  An inspection and appraisal on our house is still pending on our house as well.  I do have to say that a little delay in the process might not hurt.  I do have faith that God's timing is perfect even though it makes no sense to us.  

Thanks again guys for all your prayers!!  I'll keep you updated with my recovery.

-God bless,

Stacy