Sign in to follow this  
RiskKid.

Made in China

Just bought an "American" Rodsmiths cranking rod. Ironic that it's made in China given their name. I like it and think it will serve it's purpose well though.

Carl,

China's in the race, weather we like it or not. It's a global market place. Might as well get used to it. I remember when made in Japan was a big joke and now they outsell all American car manufactures in America.

Ronnie

Carl,

China's in the race, weather we like it or not. It's a global market place. Might as well get used to it. I remember when made in Japan was a big joke and now they outsell all American car manufactures in America.

Ronnie

yeah andto think the top sellers ...tacoma ,camry, altima are made in USA now of course with parts made in japan

I have no problem with imports etc... and I like the rod.....

Just think it's kind of funny that a company that is importing stuff name is "American Rodsmiths" .....the name would lead one to believe they have a bunch of American craftsman building the rods.

Ronnie, I kind of think of you, Reelmech and Flechero as American rodsmiths  ;)

Ronnie, I kind of think of you, Reelmech and Flechero as American rodsmiths  ;)

X2

Carl,

I do get the irony of the 'brand names' I have also always gotten a kick out of foreign manufactures model names like "Toyota Tacoma". Sounds like a Japanese Indian. LOL

I also consider it an honor when you guys include my name in the same sentence with David & Keith. Those guys are real craftsmen.

Ronnie

I also consider it an honor when you guys include my name in the same sentence with David & Keith. Those guys are real craftsmen.

I was thinking the same thing, with your and my names reversed!  

Thanks, Carl, I apreciate the compliments!  

i've seen American Flags in stores that have the Made in China tag on them. Now to me, that's irony

some years back when the Army was going to the Beret they bought a bunch from China... they had to recall them all and set our timetable back quite a bit becasue so many folks threw a fit over the fact we bought them from China.. *shrug* truth be told.. the ones we bought from CANADA were better than the ones from China, they looked and "laid better" on our heads... don't recall ever seeing a Military Beret made is the U.S.A. but I am sure they are out there... and just for the record... I bought mine at Ranger Joes in Hinesville and I haven't a clue where it was made  ;D  it was preformed so I didn't have to wet it shave and and then form it on my mellon.

AL

I was in the Market for a new mandolin a year ago and was looking around and found a cheap KENTUCKY that was made in Korea. This from a brand that has always advertised as an American company. Oh well.

Not to hijack the thread, but don't think I would ever buy a Chinese car after seeing this video.

Carl,

I do get the irony of the 'brand names' I have also always gotten a kick out of foreign manufactures model names like "Toyota Tacoma". Sounds like a Japanese Indian. LOL

Ronnie

Funny you say that. "Tacoma" came from the Indian term "tkomma", which was the name for a large mountain in the Pacific Northwest.  The whites picked up on it and called it "Mount Tacoma", and later renamed it to "Mount Rainier".  However, there is major city within plain site of Mount Rainier: the city of Tacoma.

No lie.