Sign in to follow this  
justfishin

Hello guys and gals.

I just wanted to drop in and hope all is well with all my friends in here. Life has dealt some dirty cards to me, as far as health in which hurts the finances, as well. Stuff rolls down hill you know !!! Anyway, thats beside the point. I did have some time to do some fishing this fall and I hate to say it but, the flyfishing for smallies is addictive. A TiCrX by Templefork and a Battenkill LA using a seven wt line has been so much fun. All the years of guiding and I used to dread the fly guys, at times and here I am really having a ball. For all you guys whom have been pounding the water for years and years, give it a try, its a refreshing new experiance. God Bless everyone and have some good holidays. I hope to be back around more after the first of the year.

Jim :)

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope all your health issues are behind you and you can get back to a normal healthy life.

Good to hear from you Jim!

Browse through the "Tournament or Outing" section. I posted

something about a brown fish we "saw" last weekend. I think

you will enjoy the story.

8-)

Thanks for the hello guys. Stay healthy and thankful for being so. RW, I was just crying man. What a great experiance. Don't look at it as a loss but, as a wonderful experiance and story. What a great read. I will bet that the snap of the line will be in your memory forever !!! I would bet that the fire water jug got a tad low that evening, LOL. Sounds to me like you hooked into a real trophy my friend.  In all my years those big browns tend to be real home bodies if its off the beaten trail. I would surely mark that spot on my GPS and hope what put her there, as in food and some underwater cover keeps her coming back. I would rather you get that fish in the boat than anyone. I never use over 8lb test for smallies but, on that spot some Trilene XT in 8 or even 10 might be something to think about.

Again, thanks for the heart pounding story !!!, Jim

I almost forgot. Like RW said, after catching a bass, especially brown ones, always check your line. I tend to get sloppy when it comes to that, as well. You never know when the big one will hit !!! Smallies are notorious for ragging up your line. Good luck.

Jim, glad to hear you are still hitting the waters.

I still hope to someday hit the river with you once you feel able.

Wayne

Greetings, Jim.

Glad to see you back.

Hey Jim, welcome back. Will keep you in my prayers and look forward for your return, even if you catch the wrong color fish ;D

Again, thanks guys. I still don't feel confident enough to run the jet on the river by myself yet but, someday. I have a lot of friends whom never fail me. A few hours and I am done it seems. Someday I would like to take some of you to the river. This last spring around Montgomerys Ferry above Harrisburg PA. was just awsome. 50-80 or so fish days with lots of 2 1/2-4lb fish. Tubes were the ticket as usual on that river. Green Pumkin/Red Flake, Smoke/Copper Flake and my favorite, Dark Melon/Purple Flake. I mostly used 1/4oz leadheads and inserted a homemade rattle. Muddy, as a reminder, a true bass is brown !!!, LOL.------Jim :);) ;D

Jim,

Hey there my friend!!! Was GREAT when I saw your name on a post. Glad you are still getting your line stretched ;). Be really glad to see you more often after the first of the year...

skillet

Thanks Skillet, I am coming around slow but sure, my short term memory is not the best but, I am 52 and it helps when I date ugly women !!! :)