Sign in to follow this  
skunked_again

macys thanksgiving day parade

was there ever a time when lip-syncing and "boy bands" was a good show? im clearly too old. can ppl not sing their show tunes these days?

I try to make it a point to wake up after its already off. For some reason it plays in our den every Thanksgiving morning. I don't care to watch 13 year old boys prance around and lip sing either.

My Grandma watched the parade faithfully every year before she died 10 yrs ago.  I woke up today and turned the parade on to watch it with Grandma, memories, but after 5 minutes I said "Sorry Grandma but these people suck" and turned the channel.

Perhaps the parade got better after I turned the channel but if not, then the person in charge of organizing it needs to be fired.

I remember my late father watching a bunch of male dancers from some Broadway show prancing around in the Macy's parade several years ago.  He commented, "I bet you not one of them boys owns a hunting or fishing license."

I remember my late father watching a bunch of male dancers from some Broadway show prancing around in the Macy's parade several years ago.  He commented, "I bet you not one of them boys owns a hunting or fishing license."

;D ;D ;D So very true

Probably don't need a license for trouser trout.

I didn't get to see it. Did anyone see the Marching Royal Dukes from JMU? If so, how were they?

I didn't get to see it. Did anyone see the Marching Royal Dukes from JMU? If so, how were they?

I did, they were pretty good. I was surprised at how big they were for a school that isn't D1. They are ranked #1 in nation for football in front of Appalachian, so they caught my eye.

It is a D-1 school, it's just D-1AA. We have about 17,000 students. We beat App State earlier this year after being down 21-0 at halftime. That was an awesome game.

Yeaahh I know. I go to Appalachian. We have around 16,000 students. Can't wait to play y'all again!

;)

oh, lol, I didn't know. Chances of our teams playing again in the playoffs are pretty good