Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

Things NOT do at Christmas.

It seems like every year someone has to open their big pie hole and bring up one of the following that either embarrasses someone or starts an argument.

This is a small list that seems to cause trouble amongst the larger families.

1. Leave the POLITICS, namely the President, out of ALL conversations.

2. No discussing of ex-girlfriends or boyfriends. My mom is good for starting this one. "I wonder how so and so is doing? Have you spoken to so and so? I sure miss so and so." She even called my wife, before we were married, by my ex's name at the dinner table. That went over like a fart in church. She did the same thing to my brother too.

3. Limit the alcohol unless the person(s) drinking it is a mute.

4. No discussion of religion if their is a mixed crowd of different religions.

Does anyone else have any DO NOTS for the family gatherings?

Don't feed the dog from the table.  ;D

Don't gift wrap the family jewels, even for a laugh. Those ribbons cut like razors( Personal Experience)

Don't gift wrap the family jewels, even for a laugh. Those ribbons cut like razors( Personal Experience)

For some odd reason I believe you..

Show up.

Lol.....thats good. ;D :D

This falls under the category of over sharing  ;)

Try to reason with a twelve year old daughter going through, ahem, how can I put this, "changes", when she is less than thrilled with some of her gifts. Hormones 1, Mom and Dad 0 ::)

Buy someone an ipod that has a lot of CD's but little computer knowledge. I spent 6 hours loading CD's onto my computer yesterday for my dad. But, he is very happy with it so it makes it worth while.

I slipped a few songs that he hates in there too.  ;D

Buy someone an ipod that has a lot of CD's but little computer knowledge. I spent 6 hours loading CD's onto my computer yesterday for my dad. But, he is very happy with it so it makes it worth while.

I slipped a few songs that he hates in there too. ;D

That applies to anything electronic.  The last two years, we have gotten my in-laws electronics.  Last year a digital camera, this year a digital frame.

Over the last year I've fielded a great many 'what does this do' calls.  Doesn't help any that until fall 07, neither of them had ever used a computer.

Be surprised when your daughter realizes that everyone else has become sick and tired of the alcohol induced, self-important posturings of her new husband and drags the blithering idiot home.  We are all very thankful to her for her wisdom.