Sign in to follow this  
Grey Wolf

CAM NEWTON

The NCAA is investigating his recruitment activity leading up to his signing with Auburn , it also has something to do with Miss. st. I believe. I hope it's just a false alarm.

These kids make so much money for the schools they should have a system set up for them to get some kind of compensation, reduced tuition or something.

I understand the concept wiseacre, what I'm saying is that the kids without scholarships or partials need to be bumped up or the ones with full boats should get something else. The schools make a ton of money on these players and the coaches get millions, the money should be spread out more.

NCAA rules prohibit that kind of thing.

I know the rules, stay with me now, the athletes playing big time college sports help their schools to make millions in profit, and someone is making a big time paycheck, so I'm saying that the kids risking the injuries should be reaping something for their talents. I understand scholarships and the rules I just think they should be compensated fairly.

Free education is all the benefit they need.  Now, if a respectable percentage of them actually GOT an education, that would truly be something.

I know the rules, stay with me now, the athletes playing big time college sports help their schools to make millions in profit, and someone is making a big time paycheck, so I'm saying that the kids risking the injuries should be reaping something for their talents. I understand scholarships and the rules I just think they should be compensated fairly.

If they're that good, they just turn pro.

Their school don't get money, only the athletic department does. Athletic department takes in money from the venue and pays for their athletes' scholarships, stadiums, uniforms, etc. The academic side of the school doesn't receive a dime from ticket sales. Unless I missed something.

Does every player get paid?  Or is it just the big men on campus who do?

The problems we see with so many of the pro athletes is because they have been treated as special, and exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else.

Beginning in high school, if they are good enough in a sport, teachers give them passing grades so they can stay on the team.

This is especially true in the big name high schools and into college.

It's no wonder that so many of them ruin their lives.  They been programmed to do as they please with no consequences.

In the long run, they'd all be better off if they had to live by the standards that apply to the rest of the students.

Paying them would just reinforce, and validate their special treatment.

They are kids playing a sport, why in the world are they entitled to compensation beyond free tuition? The really good ones are playing on college teams as an investment into their potential NFL future anyways.

Grey Wolf, I do not foresee a problem, at this time.

The agent's "runner" paid off an overdraft at his bank but other than for that, no money has shown up in the Newton family.

There is a church that was involved but so far I have not heard much about this entity and what they did.

All I can suggest is that you stay tuned as the information is released.

For now, Newton is a pleasure to watch and a very good football player.

I understand he can get you some computers cheap, too.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Most if not all of the first string are full scholarship.  Now what we should be talking about is the bass fishing team getting some type of scholarships.

Their school don't get money, only the athletic department does. Athletic department takes in money from the venue and pays for their athletes' scholarships, stadiums, uniforms, etc. The academic side of the school doesn't receive a dime from ticket sales. Unless I missed something.

Id imagine the school is getting some kind of pay, when we fill the stadium, thats over 1 million dollars right there from ticket sales.  Thats only for one game.

The money coffers are not as full as you may think. MOST of the college athletic programs are money losers. Nearly every womens programs lose money, and most of the mens programs lose money. Even at big name schools, such as Ohio State, Michigan, and Texas, Football and mens basketball pay for nearly every other sport.

As far as paying the kids, they get $50,000 plus to get their education. They also get "training shoes, clothes, supples" and all the food they can eat. They are well compensated for their athletic endeavors.