Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

The new flagship Lamborghini LP700-4 is coming. :)

Winkelmann has done a great job of keeping the new car under wraps.  I'm shocked that no pictures have been leaked to the press, however one lucky journalist was able to test drive the new prototype.  He says it runs circles around the current SV.  May be time to get into another one.  ;)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/254451/

Lamborghini-61210101224173081600x1060.jpg

Lamborghini-61210101224529961600x1060.jpg

Lamborghini-61210101224198551600x1060.jpg

The 1st picture looks more finished than the 2nd. There's a lot of extra appendages obscuring the lines in the second. And am I seeing round, Miura-esque headlamps in the 1st? I know there was a retro concept of the Miura, but this is a production car.  Definitely not digging the "Speed Racer" lines in the 2nd pic.

Fast enough to blister the finish.  Maybe they need space shuttle tiles instead of paint.   :D

The 1st picture looks more finished than the 2nd. There's a lot of extra appendages obscuring the lines in the second. And am I seeing round, Miura-esque headlamps in the 1st? I know there was a retro concept of the Miura, but this is a production car. Definitely not digging the "Speed Racer" lines in the 2nd pic.

From what I've been told by individuals that have seen the finished version, there are several design cues from the Reventon as well as the Estoque design study.  I can't wait to see the finished version. 

Also I wouldn't buy a first year production car.  I'd wait til atleast year 2 or 3.  My 05 Murcielago was a completley different car than the 01-04 cars.  Regardless, I'm excited to see what it looks like and look forward to some seat time.  The only gripe I have at this point is the fact that I would not be able to order it with a 6 speed manual.  It will only come with a 7 speed paddle shift transmission.

Oooh.  Eric likey.  I want one.

The only gripe I have at this point is the fact that I would not be able to order it with a 6 speed manual. It will only come with a 7 speed paddle shift transmission.

That's the kind of problem I want to have.

The only gripe I have at this point is the fact that I would not be able to order it with a 6 speed manual. It will only come with a 7 speed paddle shift transmission.

That's the kind of problem I want to have.

HAHA X2. Seems like a great problem to have.  ;D

What no real gear box. That is really the only thing making me mad about sports cars today. There all going to the dumb automatic transmissions. I know that paddle shifters are not a automatic.

If I had a car like that or any super car I would want a clutch and a stick next to my knee. Nothing beats pounding through the gears around a race track, or on a windy road.

Want to head to the Geneva Auto Show in March?

Pretty cool car, 700HP, pushrod suspension, and faster and better handling than the MP4-12C and the 458? That is to be determined, but at 700 HP with a F1 style pushrod suspension its no contest!!!

kind of looks like f 22 raptor with out wings. With all them sharp angles I wonder If police radar could pick it up. I will say that is one nasty looking car in a good way.