Sign in to follow this  
barrabait

Aussie Bass pics

G-day again.

Bout time I sent in a couple of Aussie bass pics instead of barra ones. Sorry about the quallity of the pics as they have been scaned from photos from the old camera. Cant find the disc with the digi pics yet.  e6r9co.jpg

e6r9jn.jpg

e6r9mq.jpg

This is a pic of a Saratoga. These things go balistic and jump out of the water when hooked. Very popular with the fly fisher's. We catch a fair few on hard body and soft plastic lures. they are a surface feeder. This would only be about half the size they grow to.

e6rbmc.jpg

This one is a Yellowbelly. Part of the perch family of native fish here. The pic is from a few years back. thats my son with his bigest fish ever. The next pic is of my boy a bit older and a lot wiser in the fishing game with his NEW BEST EVER fish. It,s a meter long  Barra, caught a ferw weeks ago.

hope you enjoy the pics.

e6rc7n.jpg

e6rcch.jpg

While Im at it I may as well post a pic of a barra we caught this morning. Ben is new to the area and by a chance meeting I discovered he is a keen fisherman. Haveing never caught a barra before I offered to take hime out to see if we could add barra to his fishing list.

We done it tough with 5 fish hooked but every one of them cleared the water shaking there heads and managed to throw the lure. Finally in around 4 foot of water in standing timber Ben nailed this fish. Took some getting in as it stiched us up in the timber fairly good but with a lot of luck we bullied it out and now Ben has a new species to his list.

darren.

e6reqr.jpg

Awesome pictures!!  I wanna come visit! (long swim :'()

Those fish get really large.  When you said twice as big, I had no idea you meant that big!  I'm surprised these aren't a more popular gamefish.

Keep em coming!

Ok another couple of pics, First one is my PB barra caught 15 minutes after my young fella got his best fish. We were working around a weed bed in less then

3 mtrs of water just after the sun set. The next is of another caught on a soft swim bait just before sun up.

e7b6s2.jpg

e7b79v.jpg

Great pics!! Send some more when you catch 'em!!

As Ever,

skillet

Darren,

GREAT pictures! Those barra's look aggresive. I may have to hop on a pane sometime and add those to my list as well. What area of Australia do you fish?

Wow, I've never seen any of those fish before!  Very neat!