Sign in to follow this  
TN basstracker

Took a friend out and caught a few

Here's a few pics from today and one from yesterday at Glenn Springs. Took my best friend out who is home on leave from his 3rd tour in Iraq. We caught about 13-14 total yesterday afternoon and 10 today. All fish yesterday were caught on Bandit 200 series crankbaits in Hot Chocolate color. Yesterday had a breeze out of the NE, which blew right towards the dam. We headed down there and started casting parallel to the dam after I noticed fish suspending in 10-12 ft of water about a boat length off the dam. It got to where we were catching a fish about every 2-3 casts. Go back today with south winds and the air temp about 10 degrees warmer and caught just as many, but they seemed more aggressive. Caught 7 and my buddy caught 3 between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Caught 2 on rattletrap, 3 on crankbait, and 2 on fluke. Missed a few more on the fluke. Water temp had been on a steady increase over the last two weeks until these last five days of rain and upper 50 degree temps. Water temps dipped about 3 degrees to about 57.  Water is still crystal clear.  Just like the last 2 weeks, all fish were caught on secondary points and grass flats in 10-12 ft. of water in coves that I normally find fish bedding. Here's a few pics.

My buddy's fish from yesterday. Went 3.75 lbs.

Aprilfish08001.jpg

2.75 lbs

Aprilfish08002.jpg

Fat little booger!

Aprilfish08007.jpg

Aprilfish08006-1.jpg

5.00 lbs

Aprilfish08003.jpg

2.5 lbs

Aprilfish08008.jpg

Nice bass!

I have never fished Glenn Springs.