Sign in to follow this  
Castamasta

New PB

finnaly got a good one this last saturday when i went out with Bobmasterrob and bassinassassin171. me and rob had been sight fishing this big female for 30 min who was on her bed, and i make a nice cast to the bank and slowly retrieve it into the water. i position it so when she makes her next circle around the bed i give the jig a pop and WHAMM!! she kills my black jig with a green paca chuck as the trailer. i get a nice hook set in, but she surfaces and shakes it loose. i guess i didn't set the hook well enough, and i also forgot to keep my rod tip low to prevent the beast from jumping.i was not goin to give up on that bass though. so me and rob left it alone and went to fish some other areas with no sucess. so after about 30 more minutes we return to find her doin the same thing, patroling her bed. we work the bed for at least 30 more minutes when she nails my jig on the same pop retrieve. i wasn't letting her go this time, and i land her after about a minute fight. we weighed her and she was a little over 6.5lbs on a springscale, so im gonna say she was around 6.6-6.7lbs

here she is

003pi1.jpg

002of6.jpg

Great fish, and congrats on your new PB. A lot of people did well this weekend.

yea dude congrats im still jealous though i wanted that to be my fish lol but that stupid hawg wasnt going for my senko which i wanted her to take really bad and she was so ticked she would have soon and then u make a perfect cast which i call a "fish cast" lol and i was like o god im screwed and it destroys it fun day fun day

YES SIR!!!!  that's what i'm talkin' about buddy.  congratulations big time.    there's nothin' in all of bassin' like sight fishin' a lunker.  

;D  ;D ;D CONGRATULATIONS!  ;D ;D ;D

Great fish, nice pics, too!

8-)