Sign in to follow this  
Bassnbrett101

Better than catching fish!

Well today I did catch some fish, but even better than that I made a new friend.

I was at one of my favorite ponds for an hour before it got too dark to fish.  I don't even know what made me go, it was just one of those feelings you get.  So, I was walking along the shore and I saw a young kid (14 years old) sitting on the shoreline fiddling with a lure so I decided to walk over and introduce myself.  After talking to the kid for awhile I asked if he fished for bass in any clubs and it turns out he just joined the club I started 4 years back The Loyalhanna Jr. Bassmasters.

I told him that I started that club and he was amazed, after that I gave him my phone number so we could go fishing again.  Taught him a few of the "secret techniques" for the pond and let him fish the shoreline ahead of me so he had a better chance to catch the fish.  He was a great kid and very enthusiastic about bass fishing.  I can't wait to go fishing with him some more since he only lives 3-4 minutes away from my house.

All in all I walked away with more than a couple fish under my belt today, I came home with a new friend.    ;D  Wish I could get lucky like this more often.

When I saw the title of the post, I thought "This BETTER be good". It was ;)...

As Ever,

skillet

Just thnk how pumped he was to tell his buds that he fished with the guy that started the club!

Just thnk how pumped he was to tell his buds that he fished with the guy that started the club!

Lol I know he was pumped just fishing with me.  He was telling me how his friends weren't going to believe him.  He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable kid though, I'm thinkin I can train him well

That's a nice story Brett! More guys should take the time to help the youngins' out.

CJ

Fishing is an interesting industry.

You meet so many nice people both above and below you in talent and interest.

Meeting new people; making life-long friendships; and enjoying each other's company is a big part of bass fishing.

I guess that is why we are "family" on the forum even though we will never meet each other.

Great story.  I sincerely hope you can show that young man some secrets.

You have made a new friend for life which is a big part of our bass fishing interest.

Nice man, good luck with him and congrats on starting the Jr. Bassmasters in your area! I think that's very commendable of you! Keep up the positive aspects of our sport and let us know if we can help out with them youngsters.

cool story man.  that's what it's all about. :)