Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Matstone

Delaware River - Multi-species

Well this weekend we had no kids and the forecast looked very good except for it was going to be a little windy. We decided to hit the Delaware in search of some smallies.  Our main goal this weekend was just to have fun and do a little exploring. The tourists were out in full bloom. We first started heading up river where we connected with some smallies right away some of them were pretty nice so it was quite a treat. We did not get any pics of them though.   We then headed back down stream and up a little channel around one of the islands to see what we could find up there. It got very shallow so needless to say I was picked to be the one who would get wet and so I towed the boat upstream till we could use the motor again.  :P  Matt also has a video of this somewhere, he was kind enough to holler Mush! Mush! in the background. ( I did not hear him say this when I was pulling the boat though or he would have been pulling the boat.  :D

We ended up going as far as we could on this little channel and decided to float our way back and fish. I broke off as soon as we started so while I retied Matt fished on and managed quite a few smallies from this spot. Finally I was retied then on to the next spot. I casted to shore and had one on. I though it was a smallie but it came unbuttoned. Matt casted out to the same spot quick and he managed to hook up with it. It was not a smallie but it still was an interesting catch.

Ma24Mt.jpg

We then moved on down the river to another location that had some downed trees and it was panfish heaven there. We managed quite a few of them. Here is one of them.

Ma24Nsun.jpg

Down river a little further and we found a deeper hole. A few smallies were caught here but nothing big just little ones but still alot of fun to catch. Matt was trying to take my head off with the tree above me in this shot but I was quick enough to duck and get out of the way. He was not getting the boat to himself that easy.  :P

Ma24Ns.jpg

Then I decided as we headed down river a little further to throw on a 10 inch case snake since I did so well for smallies with it our last time out. This time I casted out with it and within the first couple casts I had a hit. To my surprise this big snake brought me this little bitty rock bass.  I guess I will go back to the smaller baits for the bigger fish.  :lol:  

Ma24Nsa.jpg

All in all we had a great day and an even better weekend until one of the motors on the boat died. We were left with just the trolling motor on the front of the boat so I had to learn fast how to troll. I did not do to bad of a job. I did put Matt on some fish but I also put him in some trees too.  :o  Oh well, practice makes perfect I guess.  :P  :D

I would like to add that my husband had alot of fun with his new camera. Athough I am not sure who some of the women are in the pics.  :P  Poor ladies, this new camera has quite a zoom on it.  :P  :D

Hope you guys did well too.

Great post!

That last one's a whopper!

8-)

Nice story.  Nice pics.  Sounds like you guys had a blast.  :)

great story and pix.  i can tell y'all had a lot of fun. :)

Nice pictures. What kind of fish is that on the first picture?

Thanks everyone. We did have a great day on the water that day. The river has not been as good to me since then. All the fish seem to be in transition and things are very tough. I hope the fishing gets better again soon.

Nice pictures. What kind of fish is that on the first picture?

The fish in the first pic is some sort of trout. The fish was quite a surprise to be honest.  :)

Nice outing!  That first fish is a snake bodied brown trout.

Mrs. Matstone, do you have a single sister who likes fishing by chance?

Nope sorry I do not but I sure do get that question alot.  :)