Sign in to follow this  
Guest the_mud_man

big thank you from the mud man

Guest the_mud_man

I want to thank all of you who have been giving me tips.I just had the most sucessful day of fishing in my favorite stripping pit. Im going to be trying baitcasting later in the summer (when I can save up the dough ) thanks to your encouragement. I have some things that work for me and when I see the oppurtunity Ill post it

Its intimidating because most of you are much better at this than I will ever be.Working like a mule these last few days hope to be back on tommorow

That's what this forum is all about.  I've been bass fishing all my life and consider myself a pretty good bass fisherman, but I have learned a lot in the short time I've been a member of this forum.  I realized a long time ago that no matter how much you know or think you know there is always something to new learn.  

Ditto, jerkbait.  I'm always learning something new on these boards.

You know I think everyone needs a tune up and this forum helps take care of that me included. ;D

From what I have seen on this forum, it helps us to remove the blinders. Sometimes we get so focused on what we think works, we forget about other options, styles & techniques.  This forum reminds us all........

From what I have seen on this forum, it helps us to remove the blinders. Sometimes we get so focused on what we think works, we forget about other options, styles & techniques. This forum reminds us all........

I hear that Bass junky!I had gotten away from fishing jigs the past few years but I had always caught good quality fish on them.I guess with all the new stuff coming out and this and that technique coming around,I had put the jig down for way too long.Then I came to this board and everyone was talking jigs,jigs,jigs so I went and bought about 30-40 of my favorite jigs and have been sticking fish with them all Spring.It really has put a dimension back in my game that had been missing.