Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Strike King's new Sexy Sunfish

Yeah, I know TheBeast already started a thread, but his title sucks AbuGarcia bearings.

:;)

I'm lost.

And no it not new. Been around since last year.

Thanks for the insightful post.  BTW, lost might just be the place for you...

Burley, thats a great lookin' crank.  Like those Red Eye shads.

What the hell 4bizz. Seriously what make you think that, base on what, my picture or the way I write or what.

If its because of my writing skills, I'm sorry I try as best I can because I am deaf and don't have writing talents like all of you. I see the light that many of you couldn't stand me for some reason. I'll do ya favor by stop writing. Embarrassed myself enough as it is.

What does being deaf have to do with it?

Maybe cause you are constantly making tactless replies like this one

;D ;D ;D Cart & Muddy

Really, who cares. :;)

Which also had to be directed at the OP of this thread.

What the hell 4bizz. Seriously what make you think that, base on what, my picture or the way I write or what.

If its because of my writing skills, I'm sorry I try as best I can because I am deaf and don't have writing talents like all of you. I see the light that many of you couldn't stand me for some reason. I'll do ya favor by stop writing. Embarrassed myself enough as it is.

I don't think he was referring to your grammar.  I think it has more to do with how cynical your posts are.

I like you.  

I like you.

Nice, classic. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I know TheBeast already started a thread, but his title sucks AbuGarcia bearings.

My Curado D bearings were so good they discontinued them after a year or so. ;)

Seriously though I love most of Strike King's products, but that is a very lame attempt to copy the Sexy Shad craze. I don't blame them a bit, but I"m not rushing out to buy any. Sexy Shad was an ingenious name that has now flooded the market place and I'll bet they don't see near the return on this new color b/c of the complete lack of originality. Not that the original sexy shad color was ground breaking, but it was new and had a cool name.

Seriously though I love most of Strike King's products, but that is a very lame attempt to copy the Sexy Shad craze.  

How can they copy something they created?

Not a bad looking crank but it doesn't look much like any bluegill I've seen.

Burley,

Like I said I like most Strike King products so I'm well aware that they coined the best color name in many years, sexy shad.

I thought my post was pretty clear that I realized Strike King came up with the name, but if you will feel better just re-read it and where I say copy sub further the or capitalize on.

Got a few of these puppies coming my way.  Let's see if they are as tough as the last batch.

Burley gave me a crank last year, Series 5 in the Sexy Shad color and I swear it was the toughest d**n crank I have ever thrown.  The bill is worn down about a quarter inch, the paint is coming off, the eyes have fallen off and have been replaced.  I have tried to lose this thing but it still catches fish, mostly larger fish.

Burley,

Like I said I like most Strike King products so I'm well aware that they coined the best color name in many years, sexy shad.

I thought my post was pretty clear that I realized Strike King came up with the name, but if you will feel better just re-read it and where I say copy sub further the or capitalize on.

IMO it's a good strategy.  Let KVD win a tourney with that bait this year and they'll be flying off the shelves.

All I know is that the sexy shad craze made me a decent amount of money.  ;)

^^^Totally disagree.

They came up with a great color name for a bait.  Everyone that was going to be hooked is already hooked.  There in nothing super original about the color.  People that like Strike King baits or that went nuts about Sexy Shad color will continue to buy.  Imo, they will not see a huge influx of new customers b/c of the color.  Sexy Shad, even though a great name, wasn't even really that new of a color scheme.

Like I said b4 I don't blame them for trying.  In fact if I owned the company I would do the same thing.  I just think they hit it out of the park with the original name and will not duplicate the success on the same level.

Btw, what has Abu change about their bearings since you made this post back in July?

[Officer Burley Farva

Been Posting A Long Time

Goodfella

Possum Holler

Revo STX

Jul 13th, 2008, 12:45am Just finished a clean and oil on one of these reels.

The word 'amazing' comes to mind. While I don't have a lot of experience doing this stuff, the bearings on that reel kick the *** of every other reel I've serviced.

I need those bearings on my Calcuttas. /quote]

:-? :-X

Twas a joke.  And Shimano made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  They placed the excalibur of reels into my hands.

Fair enough, i'm going to bed.  Heres to the sexy trout craze! ;)

Seriously though I love most of Strike King's products, but that is a very lame attempt to copy the Sexy Shad craze.

How can they copy something they created?

Everyone else has copied it, why shouldn't they?

Maybe "trying to cash in on Sexy Shad craze by starting a new one" makes more sense. Either way, agree it doesn't look like a bluegill or sunfish but still looks pretty cool 8-)

I'm still waiting for the Sexy Carp to debut! ;D

That's not sexy.  This is sexy...

Twas a joke. And Shimano made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They placed the excalibur of reels into my hands.

How've you been getting the graphite off your hands after a day of fishing with the excalibur of reels?  

That's not sexy. This is sexy...

;D ;D  thats awesome!  now i gotta have one