Sign in to follow this  
crankbait2009

store bought tackle (bait)

heres a question iv'e had for a long time but never asked. why is it when you buy any type of jig or bait that requires some type of assembly, it never tells you how to put it together? do they assume if you buy it you already know how to put it together?

im definitley not one of those chosen few :)

every time i buy any type of bait, i have to google how to use it and assemble it.

thats another thing, why is it when you buy (for example) crankbaits, it doesnt give you a recommendation on how to fish the crank bait? not everyone is experienced and if someone was just starting out, you would think theyd give a little advice. not everyone has a computer in there pocket that they can pull out on day of fishing purchases.

#1  Never bought a lure of any kind that required assembly.

#2  Although there are many special techniques, a crankbait

can be simply cast and retrieved. The key is the location:

cover or structure.

8-)

my mistake i guess i should have given a better example.  heres a good example.  i just purchased a shakey shad worm kit which contained an assortment of worms, the hooks that have round heads with what looks like an eye ball painted on it and some of these round heads and hook shave a spring looking thing on it.  

i understood what this was for but it doesnt give the right and wrong way of installing them.  after watching the demo's on youtube i found a few ways to set them up, exposed hook and texas rig.

then i got to thinking why they wouldnt tell you this with instructions that should come with the kit.

i hope i have not confused anyone.

If you fish with lures chances are you are a more experienced fisherman, or you are just starting out and have probably been taught by someone, or taught yourself through books, TV, or the web. That is why instructions are not necessary on the packaging.

We are men, we don't need no stinkin' instructions. However if you run across any on women I would be much obliged. ;D

I don't know exactly what you mean by "assembly required" but why would you buy something if you didn't know how to use it?

I guess some of us forgot what it was like in the begining, I also started when I lived in Brooklyn, not a lot of bass guys there.I also bought stuff I read aobut and di not have a clue, I wanted to learn so bad.

Welcome; Hey just keep asking questions, we all had to start somewhere.

Can you put a picture up Some of them have a thin wire screw to attach the plastic part of the bait and some have a type of collar.

The best teacher is expierence. Just get them in the water and have at it and you will learn as you go. There are a lot of good how to articles on this site that will help you get started. Good fishing.