Sign in to follow this  
Guest avid

Texans, I need your help

Guest avid

Howdy Pardner,

Before we all mosey on down to Lake Fork, I have been asked about tourist attractions or other places of interest in and around Lake Fork.

Now I know some of y'all think that cow tipping is big sport but I was hoping for something a little less rustic.

So If'n y'all could be so kind as to pm me, or post something right here, well don't fret none, just git er dun.

Thankee  

Alba, Texas on the west side of Lake Fork is located 82.7 miles and approximately 1 hr 42 mins from down town Dallas; other than Dallas there aint much of anything close by.

So cow tipping it is,lol.

We found these beauties waaay in the back of the creek feeding little mustang.

DSCF0236.jpg

bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

mURI_temp_92f34cea.gif

Roger

Guest avid

I'm kinda embarrassed to say this, but I think cow tipping would be a real hoot.

I'll buy the beer.  

I want to see the pictures when you tip over the bull by accident. ;D

I didn't tip the bull, it was too much fun watching dirk try to milk it!!  lmao

Actually, 45 minutes up the road is the state hatchery in charge of the Share lunker program in Athens.

Lots of displays, ponds, tanks and exhibits to look at, along with this years 13+ bass in their brood tanks.   Could be as many as 20 or 30 Bass, just depends on the fishing.    #2 has been reported from Fork before the weekend, but has not posted yet.

Worth the visit to ask biologists and others good questions.    Will check on what area events will be running in that time frame.

Matt.

Guest avid
Actually, 45 minutes up the road is the state hatchery in charge of the Share lunker program in Athens.

Lots of displays, ponds, tanks and exhibits to look at, along with this years 13+ bass in their brood tanks. Could be as many as 20 or 30 Bass, just depends on the fishing. #2 has been reported from Fork before the weekend, but has not posted yet.

Worth the visit to ask biologists and others good questions. Will check on what area events will be running in that time frame.

Matt.

Excellent Matt. thanks alot.  If you have an address that would be perfect.

Blues clubs in Texas?????   I don't know Muddy,  Mississippi definitly, but Texas I think of Southern Rock and good ole C&W.   Tell you what, you bring your drumsticks, I'll bring my harmonica, someone must have a guitar, and we can jam till the cows come home  

That's why there's no blues club,....the cows ARE home!  :)

Almost forgot, leave it to matt_fly to harp in every now and again to chirp out the SL tally and where the latest was caught and all the info associated,lol.  

By the time we leave he will have you so dead sure that the next one is coming from YOUR livewell,lmao.

Something to do while y'all are in East Texas....... Wish I could make it. :'(

http://www.cantontradedays.com/

One of the largest of its kind.

Muddy,

You need to take a few extra days and come on down to the "Live Music Capitol of the World", Austin, Texas. We're only about 250 miles further south.

Then you can get some blues at Antone's.

About the man.......

http://www.cliffordantone.com/

Edit: Just this past weekend I took in Joe Ely with Double Trouble (SRV's rhythm section) in Gruene, Tx.