Sign in to follow this  
royal760

pond fishing question

hello everyone, im new to bass fishing but my question is what is the best lure or bait for bass at a pond. i live in san diego if that helps. :)

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always have the best luck with smaller spinner-baits in the 1/8-1/4 oz. size.

Welcome to the site! Alot of factors go into choosing the best bait for your pond or any body of water. Water clarity, vegetation, type of baitfish, and the time of year....... just to name a few. A search within this site can help you narrow your choices once you determine what type of water your dealing with. Personal experience with ponds..... you can beat a spinnerbait, Senko, and any topwater during the right time of year. Good luck!

I'll put in my Senko, Lizard, Fluke, Trickworm, HornyToad.  On a short list.  Just slow it up.  I don't like hard baits, but if they work for you....enjoy.  If that doesn't work you can tie a small bluegill to the tracks and wait for the train to hit her.  ;D ;D

I've always found plastic worms to be the best. It really depends on a lot of things. If I were you I'd just throw in a hole bunch of stuff and see what works best f or you. Good luck.