Sign in to follow this  
drop-shot fool

spro aruku shad

Has anyone done well on these baits.  What is the best color and size.  I don't use lipless cranks alot but i plan on starting.  I have seen the aruku shad wear the bass out on fishing universtiy and the scott martin challenge.  

The Spro Aruku Shad is one of the best lipless cranks on the market.  When you kill it, the bait will land right on the nose and look like a feeding shad or other forage fish.  

My favorite is the perch color.  I have one that has no paint left on it.  

The best way I have found to fish it is through grass and timber.  Let it tick the top of the grass then give it a rip, or find yourself a stump field and go crash it through there.  Hold on tight, cuz the fish will rip the rod out of your hands.

The Aruku Shad won me 2 tournaments last year and was a huge part of my success on the BFL trail.

I started using the Aruku Shad last year to experiment with more premium lures. I like rattle baits, so I focused there. I really just wanted to know if what seemed to be a better lure (that was much pricier) would produce better than a standard one.  I'm not one to get on bandwagons, and I don't have a ton of gear, but I thought I'd try the Aruku Shad to see what it was all about--I gradually replaced my Rat-L-Traps for them. For me they literally outfished the Trap about 2.5:1. I know it sounds like a stupid infomercial, but for me it's true.  They have a great low-speed action, a different sound, and awesome finishes. Another thing I think that helps is the small profile (3/8 oz.) and the density of the lure. The size gives it almost a multi-species appeal (I've ended up catching nice crappie on them) and comes across as something that's hard to pass up. Additionally, with it being so compact it cast like a bullet--far and with less tumbling (my 1/2 oz. Trap beats it by maybe 10 ft., but is less accurate from the tumbling). I think it deflects slightly better too. My patterns are Old Glory, Perch, and Crawdad (the dark, crimson one). We have a lot of stained water here, and the crawdad's deadly.

Are they one or two knocker baits????

Just wondering.

Thanks.  ;)

Are they one or two knocker baits????

Just wondering.

Thanks. ;)

No. They have quite a bit of shot in them.

Hey Micro,

Thanks for the info.

Can we throw them on the Chick Lake and River????

Will produce on the Chick Lake and River???

Just wondering.  ;)