Sign in to follow this  
SuthernHaze

worden's vibric rooster tail

When all else fails, it's roostertail time.  This spinner never lets me down and as small as they are they catch 5 lb bass.  Works great in reeds or right on top of weeds close to shore, doesn't hang up much.  The bad rap is they don't last long and the 1/4 oz never seems to work as good as the lighter ones.  I buy a copy at Sports Authority with a siwash hook instead of a treble, seems to last longer and it's a buck cheaper.

Roostertails are possibly one of the most underrated lures by bass fishermen and they catch other species as well.  There are numerous ways to use them.  You can fish them anywhere you would fish a crankbait.  There are many ways to fish them:  steady retrieve, stop and go, etc.  

Roostertails are possibly one of the most underrated lures by bass fishermen and they catch other species as well.  There are numerous ways to use them.  You can fish them anywhere you would fish a crankbait.  There are many ways to fish them:  steady retrieve, stop and go, etc.

Could not agree more.

Within minutes of my post yesterday I went into the pond in my yard, I had to , lol.   30 minutes later on the rooster tail I had landed 4 bass.  The switched to a jerk bait and nothing, switched to a spinnerbait and caught 2 more.

Now I'm curious, I'm going to try 1/4 oz for snook and I bet it works.

I'll be the odd man out here. I do not like rooster tails.  The blades do not spin well.  I also don't like the willow blades. Not as much vibration. I much prefer and have very good success with Mepps inlines. I can make the Mepps run much slower and deeper than the Rooster tales.  

I also like the Blue Fox spinners. I have not fished the vibric but given my dislike for the standard rooster tails, I doubt I'll buy any. Another brand you might try is Joe's Flies. I have caught a lot of bass on those.