Sign in to follow this  
Black Bass

B.A.S.S. University

They stopped doing that back around 2002 (roughly).  I don't know of anything like that anymore.  It's too bad too, I was lucky enough to go to one with Ike, KVD, Denny, David Fritts, Woo Daves and Terry Backsey.  Each of them had a meet and greet after their presentations---it was really cool.  Learned a lot from most of them.  Couldn't understand Woo's mumble at all though, didn't get much from his presentation.  Nice guy though!

Not to rub it in or anything!!!! ;)

Now some of the pros do their own courses. I know Paul Elias and Rick Clunn do. Rick Clunns is high like $600. P.Elias does his individually on a 700 acre lake full of bass.

ONE PERSON ONE DAY - $600.00

ONE PERSON TWO DAYS - $1,000.00

TWO PERSONS ONE DAY - $900.00

TWO PERSONS TWO DAYS - $1,600.00

A little out of my price range.

I dont think theres anything like Bass U out there. Your best bet is to hire a guide. Many are touring pros.

Several bass boat mfr's and marine dealers will sponsor excellent seminars featuring top BASS pro's. We have "Bass-A-Thon" a 2 day free entry event sponsored by Anglers Marine is SoCal every year with several of the Elite pro's and Lowrance doing hands on seminars, plus the newest tackle and lures avaible for sale. 2008 BAT was held 2 weeks ago; KVD, Swindle & Zona , McClelland and Bennett. Ckeck with your boat mfr for any seminars being held where you live, this is how the pro's make their living off season.

WRB

The last BMU's were in 2006........It was ok but reading Bassmaster magazine would provide you with about the same info.

Last year the local BPS did there own show called Bass Madness University. It was a one day event at a local hotel convention room. I believe they had six pros that gave presentations. I hope they do that again. It was a good price about $100. and I learned a great deal of useful angling tips.

When ESPN purchased B.A.S.S. they cancelled the Bassmasters University series.

The series was outstanding.  You got to hear each pro for two presentations each day and it was up close and personal.

I took notes and still review them.

I missed the last one in Virginia as they moved it from Richmond to Hampton and in February you never know what the weather will do so I passed, thinking I would consider attending next year.

my mistake.  No more Bassmaster University.

But it was fantastic to meet and see the pros in person and hear what they had to say.

In my opinion, if the pros were willing to continue the series then E.S.P.N. blundred and has made a tremendous PR error.  :(

Here in WV the West Virignia Division of Natural Resources sponsors a 2 day Hunting and Fishing Days event.  They usually have a bass pro that puts on 2 or 3 seminars a day for about an hour each.  The pro uUsually cover the same topics in each class.  However, they do give the opportunity to ask lots of questions.  Davy Hite was the last pro I saw.  He did a good class and stayed as long as there were questions.  He even made one on one time with people interested in meeting him afterward.  He was a class act.

I went to one a few years back and found it somewhat infoemative but if you live in the north country it was a chance to listen and talk to other bass fishers while the lakes were still iced over.

In my opinion its just another thing ESPN has fouled up since they bought B.A.S.S. I dropped out several years ago and reupped last year hoping the magazine had improved. I won't renew this year. The magazine has deteriorated from being read cover to cover on arrival to a pick it up and might read before I pitch.

It was a good time, too bad they did away with it. Gave me something to look forward to fishing related during winter. I liked hearing the stories more than their tips and such. For the most part it was already known info to most and stuff you read in the magazines. Most would never give up any top secret infio and they did A LOT of product pushing. But Gerald Swindle is probably one of the funniest guys on the planet.

I read somewhere earlier this year(BassMaster, maybe? either magazine or website) that there were some discussions about the possibility of holding this series again.  I never got the chance to attend, but had always hoped to.

Does anyone know if there is somthing like this in NC - I cant seem to find a beginner class other than @ Bass Pro in the spring. I dont have thousands to spend on a "PRO Guide " but would be willing to invest A hundred or couple - Googled is but only came up with a few websites - including this one :P

Now some of the pros do their own courses. I know Paul Elias and Rick Clunn do. Rick Clunns is high like $600. P.Elias does his individually on a 700 acre lake full of bass.

ONE PERSON ONE DAY - $600.00

ONE PERSON TWO DAYS - $1,000.00

TWO PERSONS ONE DAY - $900.00

TWO PERSONS TWO DAYS - $1,600.00

A little out of my price range.

I dont think theres anything like Bass U out there. Your best bet is to hire a guide. Many are touring pros.

That would be fun to do with P. Elias, to go out on the lake one on one with a pro. It's not a whole lot of money to hang out with a pro for a day or two learning some of his secrets * Remember Time Is Money*

I went to one in Mass. and learned a few techniques and secrets that produce well for me.

they do push products but I feel it was well worth the money

I did get an email about the new Marshall program with the Elite series. If I lived near the tournaments I would be trying that for sure. Unfortunately it appears B.A.S.S. will be leaving CA off the tour again....I guess Clear Lake had too many hogs to film  >:(

I went to the one in Baltimore about 2 yrs ago. Randy Howell, Jimmy Houston, and others. It was very informative and it was something to do bass fishing related in January