Sign in to follow this  
NitroMan

Giving my Thanks to BassResource.com

Well I wanted to start a thread about this site, I'd have to say this site is definatley the most informational site about fishing EVER! I have been a member of this site only since April 2008, but I have learned so much about fishing. I know this site has taught many others a lot of stuff they never knew and with the help of our experts they were able to explain almost any question.

I started fishing when I was very young but I really didn't know what I was doing, but when I got older and I needed a fun hobby I began reading up on bass fishing. I learned a few things but nothing that was really able to teach me alot. So in 2007 I decided to purchase a bass boat and teach myself. Well as many of you know it is a very difficult task to teach yourself something that you really know nothing about. However I did a lot of trial and error (more error) but it helped me learn some things.

When I became a member of this site I had a lot of questions that I needed the answers to. This year was my first year that I was actually able to understand what the fish wanted, what to throw and when to throw it. I do not claim to know everything about fishing but I do feel like I know what the fish in my area like. Just as anyone on here will tell you it is called fishing, not catching so I have had days where I will catch a lot of bass and there have been days where I haven't caught anything but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Well let me just tell you Glenn, you have done a wonderful thing for ANY angler! As for Bass fishing I would have to thank you and all of the moderators and most definatley all of the members here who make BassResource what it is. I hope others can comment on what this site means to them as well.

-Nitroman ;)

I am very new to this site and LOVE IT!!!! It is nice to get information and ideas from like minded people. I have learned a lot and also found out that I didn't know as much as I thought. There is such a wealth of info here it is unreal.

THANK YOU to all of the people that make this site what it is.

Thank you to all the members that are willing to help and answer questions. That is huge when you stop and think about it.

I'm very new here also and am loving it!  I've been a member at several other fishing sites and none have compared to this one.  I really love the fact that there are so many helpful and supportive folks on here.  It also doesn't hurt that there seems to be so many people from my state here also.

I agree NitroMan.  This site has got me to try out different things, and introduced me to some of the sponsors I had not heard of before, which has helped out my fishing.  Lots of great info here.

It would be hard to put into words what this site has done for me and many others...

I have caught a few bass before and enjoyed fishing for them as a kid - now a slightly older kid im lerning there is more to it than throwing a line and hook in the water ...

I owe bassresource 100% for everything they have taught me and the nice people who have answered my questions (Which can be off the wall) .

Thanks to all the mod's and users - this is by far the BEST Bass Site on the net!

I am no stranger to fishing, but I definately consider my self a newbie to bassfishing.  Not sure when my start date was, but it was somewhere around the same time as NitroMan, and cannot believe the wealth of information that has been made available to us, free for the asking.  It says alot about the character and acceptance of the more experienced here at BR.  I'll be 42 shortly and have found sound advice from much younger and older members who were willing to share.  Glenn, the mods, micro,cart7t,RM,Sam, PaulRoberts, and many others too numerous to mention.  All done with a willingness to share.  

As with anything else, knowing the mechanics is not enough.  Tips, tricks, presentations, water, conditions, cause and effect are just some of the essentials that I've been able to learn here.  Good thread NitroMan.

A salute to BR!

Yea YOU RIGHT! I Have made some life long friends, and I have learned more than the price of admission should allow. 8-)

Despite the fact that I am officially an Old Fart, I took up bass fishing only a few years ago.  Recognizing my ignorance of the sport, I started an internet search and, to my great fortune, stumbled upon BR.  I spent months reading and re-reading all of the newbie articles.  I still go back from time to time and re-read some of them.

Also, to my great fortune, I have had the opportunity of attending the last two BR road trips, where I have met all of the Mods (and Ghotti, who is not a Mod, but is a member of the BR staff), Glenn and his lovely wife Kerri, and many of the regulars on this board.

The great thing is, if you hang around this site long enough and are able to participate in any of the road trips, you will make life long friends.  How many websites can boast of this?

until i joined this site, i never thought i spend more on a rod than my Avid. thanks for the 1000's of dollars ive spent on gear that i will only be able to use a couple times for at least a yr

;)

until i joined this site, i never thought i spend more on a rod than my Avid. thanks for the 1000's of dollars ive spent on gear that i will only be able to use a couple times for at least a yr

;)

Who, whoa, whoa,...Glenn provided the house of knowledge, the BaitMonkey provided the addiction to the gear ;)

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!! :-*

Started fishin 2yrs ago when i was 28(dad never liked fishin)buddy of mine invited me to the public lake, and i snagged about 20 1-3lb cats that day. Had to have his daughter handle and remove the hooks for me. After that went about 2-3 more times that year and got skunked.

So i did a google search, and after visiting 100s of sites, this is the one i always came back too. Everything ive ever wanted to know is here.

BaitMonkey got me as well, 2yrs of fishin and i got 14 rods and probably $800 of crap to catch all sorts of fish with.  :D oh and moved into an over priced condo with a private bass pond in the backyard  :P

oh and moved into an over priced condo with a private bass pond in the backyard :P

not as good as a bass pond but im about to make an offer on a house with a big creek running through the backyard. i honestly dont think id make an offer if it werent for the creek. sick i tell ya

There is the best site you could ever want! If you can't get help, or if you don't learn SOMTHING on BR site you are brain dead!

I hope I have helped someone and I know that this site made me a better basser!

This is indeed a awesome site. I have learned a lot and hope to learn a lot more. Thank You.

I agree with everybody here, I've learned alot here, all of this information might of took me a lifetime to learn. Plus, you meet lifelong friends that are willing to help you out when they can.