Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

Going fishing this afternoon. Need help

I was thinking spinnerbait. Didnt know about plastics but will give them a shot today.  Have you tried the swimming senko?

60 DEGREES!! That's an enferno!! I don't think we're supposed to be out of the 20's for a whole week. I'm jelous!

To answer your question:

Not knowing more specifics, I'd try some big 10" or bigger worms. Use a split shot on them about 12-18 inches above the line. Slowly crawl it along the bottom. You might also try a fluke or wacky rigged senko on this same rig.

If it's windy, get a spinner bait with willow leaf blades, and toss that around.

First thing you do though when you get out there is thank God for the opportunity to get too fish in open water, and not through the ice!

Senkos are fragile sometimes.  I will just tear a little piece off the top and keep on fishing.  At least catch a few more fish before throwing it away.

Let's stay on topic, please. This thread isn't about GYCB vs other

brands. That horse has been ridden to death and we're not going

there now.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator

Have you tried the swimming senko?

RW, I didn't want to get off topic he asked for suggestions and then asked if we had tried a swimming senko (Assuming a GYCB).

I just gave him my opinion. Changed my oridinal post about another product.

If your into soft plastics try out a GYCB Kreature bait in some form of green / watermellon etc. These work good for me in NC when we get warm temps.

Usualy run them on a jig and hit docks/stumps and submerged trees from land.

Have fun and send pix of what u catch!

RW, if I'm not mistaken, members are encouraged to state their opinions when visiting this site, provided they are not religious or political in nature, and provided they are not overtly commercial.  Why is it that everyone states their opinion about rods, reels, line, lures, etc. on all of this site's boards, but one is not allowed to post an opinion on this particular thread?