Sign in to follow this  
bassmaster3000

MAJOR CABIN FEVER.....

Okay... Is there ANYTHING, ANYTHING!!, I can do to get rid of all of this cabin fever I am having? I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! I have tried video games- not working... I have tried Ice fishing- not working... I have been on this site for months... I am just waiting for this STUPID ice to go away and for Pre-spawn to happen. It is supposed to be warming up here though, and some of the best bass lakes around here open March 1st... But they are still frozen... Hopefully the ice retreats soon!

Back to my initial question... Is there anything else I can do? Nothing i working... I still find myself pitching a practice plug on my baitcaster.. waiting for March and for the Bass lakes to unfreeze. I will sit on my couch watching fishing... but that just makes it worse... UGH!!!  ;D ;D

Believe me, I feel your pain.  The worst months for me are between the last of November to the middle of February.  After that, I start cleaning my reels, sorting my tackle, replacing hooks, just normal busy work to keep my mind off the weather.  

I'm just finishing up my last reel right now.  I will organize all my tackle for the rest of this week unto the next and that should just about carry me into the first part of March.

Come hell or high water, I WILL be on the lake then unless it's still frozen.  Fingers crossed!!  :-/

I also have a MAJOR case of cabin fever. Every time I look out my front window, all I see is this frozen tundra called Lake St. Clair. I look out my back window and I see my boat covered with snow, and buried in snowdrifts.

I've cleaned, and organized my tackle. My reels have been cleaned and lubed twice. I've purchased a ton of tackle, and have a shopping list as long as my leg for this weekends trip to the BPS Classic.

I watch all the fishing shows, and read every fishing magazine, and all that's done is increase my fever.

IS IT SPRING YET???

Falcon

I'm with you buddy!  I have put new split rings on everything, new hooks where "needed" and re-reorganized my tackle several times over.  I've cleaned reels/rods twice now.  I drew up the plans and took measurements for what will become the "fishing corner" of my basement.  Our ice is getting thin, today I printed off my 2009 license, and I really hope to be able to at least get a lure wet in the next week or so!

I "almost" hate to say this guys but, it's 84 degrees and I will be on the lake this week-end (again). Sorry!

A message to you, from all of us northern guys: WE HATE YOU!

I have been pitchin and flippin in a bucket for 2 weeks now....it takes the edge off.

Ian

The worst part is that it is almost over. Usually i can get on the water the end of March with little worry. However, if these temps keep up I am never getting there. I don't even like fishing until the water hits around 50, but this year I don't eeven care. The worst part is as omeone else stated. i have done EVERYTHING. Boxes are clean, hooks sharpened/replaced, backing put on reels, reel cleaned, fishing shows watched. The last home stetch is the worst. I am meticulous about my tackle as well so I do a lot to get ready.

I "almost" hate to say this guys but, it's 84 degrees and I will be on the lake this week-end (again). Sorry!

A message to you, from all of us northern guys: WE HATE YOU!

Hey Glenn,

Is there any way to add a feature where you can block replies from users in certain states.  ;D

Seriously though, I have come to the conclusion that the only real cure for cabin fever is warm weather and open water. I usually do pretty good through the winter because the break doesn't bother me but the past couple of weeks I have been absolutely crazy with it. It's like I'm tense all over. Hopefully a trip to Bass Pro this weekend will help a little. Maybe they'll let me "test" a new combo in the aquarium out of pity. lol

Hi, my name is Paul and I have cabin fever! I have had it since the waters I fish have had been covered in ice. I have been ice fishing, rereading all my fishing mags and books, gone through all my rods and tackle, watch as many shows possible and in the end I just want that ice gone. I even dug out one of my backup rods and practiced casting to get ready. The one thing I can look foward to is the local river has started to break up a bit and soon should be able to fish for northern and that will help a bit but I won't be cured until I can get out in the boat.

Paul

okay..

so I just tried to lube my reel right??? well... I can't get the plate off to get to the gears! on the back there is a chrome plate i need to get off... but it starts to crack when i take it off... What should I do?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ;D

4 words

4th Annual Road Trip

I really wish I could go... Spokane is just too far away, and I don't have the money for the trip  :'( :'(

It looks like a lot of fun... I just can't make it this time. Oh well..

2 of the best bass lakes around here open on sunday though... I just hope They're not all frozen over!!!!!  :o :o

Oh well...  ;D ;D