Sign in to follow this  
Long Mike

KY Roadtrip - General Information

For all you attendees, here's a general info update, in no particular order.

Saturday:  Everyone is on their own, but there will be at least a half dozen of us who may want to attend Ghoti and Mary's wine and cheese party.  BYO wine.

Sunday: 4:00PM is check-in time.  Glenn and Keri (and a few of us who have nothing better to do) will be the Official Greeters in the lobby of the Lodge.  There will be a bag of goodies for each attendee.  You are on your own for dinner.  Some of us will be having dinner in the Lodge restaurant about 6:00.  You are welcome to join us, but you pay for you own meal.

Monday and Tuesday get-togethers will be held in the Bay View Building.  Meals will be served at 6:30.  Soft drinks will be provided, but it's BYOB otherwise.

On Monday night, Roadwarrior will be serving his Nationally Award Winning cheeseburgers, with cheese supplied by none other than firefighn15: direct from Wisconsin to your palette.

On Tuesday night, Speedbead  will be cooking his universally acclaimed Chicken a la Wayne.  He promises that very little road-kill will be used.

Let's not forget that RW and Speedbead have dug deeply into their own pockets to feed fifty people.  A donation from you is not required, but if you are able to drop say $5 into the "Alms for the Chefs" box, it would go a long way toward helping them recoup some of what they have laid out.

The Wednesday banquet will be held at the Lodge.  This is a very special occasion, so I encourage everyone to wear a coat and tie.  I'll be wearing a pair of cut-off jeans and a sleeveless undershirt with "Rednecks Rule" printed on the back.

Thursday, you are on your own for dinner.  

With every post I see on the Road Trip, I get more P.O.'d that I won't be there :)

Have fun guys (and gals)!

I'm sure our local friends will have some suggestions for Thursday

night. So, we'll probably have smaller groups going to a variety of

places. Just ask around and invite some guys to join you.

Also, if you get in late or later in the week, we will still have your

name tag attached to a bag of goodies. No worries!

8-)

On Monday night, Roadwarrior will be serving his Nationally Award Winning cheeseburgers, with cheese supplied by none other than firefighn15: direct from Wisconsin to your palette.

To quote Jimbo from Home Improvement:

Because after all, in Wisconsin cheese is cheese!

Can't wait.