Sign in to follow this  
BassAssasin2

Best spinnerbait

I couldn't ever bring myself to fish with anything called "War Eagle". LOL

I haven't fished much with spinnerbaits (I'm a soft plastic guy), but I really like Booyah spinners.

Just curious, if you reeled ten different spinnerbaits from ten different manufactures in the same style " say one colorado, one willowleaf " side by side in the water, how much different would one look from the others. Most spinnerbaits have parts all made by a select few manufactures, one makes the wires, one makes the blades, ect.  Do some research and you will be supprised how similiar the all are.

These are the spinnerbaits I use.

Terminator T1, they hold their shape forever.

Rattle Head Baits, that rattle will catch fish even after you ran a different spinnerbait through the same water.

Strike King Premier Plus.

Falcon

I prefer the S.O.B. lures " Mini Me" 3/8 oz tandem (#2 & # 4 magic dust covered blades) in the  TJ special color for most shallow water applications, this has been the most productive spinnerbait I've ever used. I also have customized some of my Nichols spinnerbaits, I've done well making single spins out of the 1/4 oz bait with a 3.5 size willow and shortening the arm a little, this has been a great combination for hitting lily pad stems in the spring. The Strikezone lure company Ledgebuster " Nite Bite" has been very good to me when I need a black spinnerbait with a thumpin' blade for night fishing. The 3/16 oz Booyah pond magic is a good one when you need numbers, nice size hook for a little bait.

Terminator T1, they hold they're shape forever.

x2

I have just started fishing spinnerbaits and have caught a fish on each of the ones I try.

Ive used:

War Eagle

Strike King Spin Dance

Luck E Strike Trickster

Not sure at this point is 1 spinnerbait is better than any other,I do have my favorites though.

I couldn't ever bring myself to fish with anything called "War Eagle". LOL

Ditto!  Roll Tide!!!

IMO no such animal exists.  No one spinnerbait exhibits all the qualities that would give reason to call it the best.

Some do things better than others, but I've yet to see one bait that combines all of the best qualities.

Knuckle Down Lures makes some great spinnerbaits. I have been using them exclusively for the past 3 months and they are very well built. Check out some of the colors he's got in stock.

My favorites are Pepper Hawgs, Strike King Premier Elite, Terminator t1 and t2, terminator super stainless, and booyah counterstrike.

Stanley Wedge are also really good.

The highest quality spinnerbaits on the market are the War Eagle, Nichols, and S.O.B baits.  However, being of high quality and catching fish sometimes don't go together.  Take for instance the Red River Tackle spinnerbait.  I have been fishing the white tandem 1/2oz Red River Tackle spinnerbait with the fluorescent red kicker blade for over s5 years now, and it is still one of the top 2 pre-spawn spinnerbaits I stock.  In a club tournament where I used nothing but that bait....I went through 5 of them.....2 of which I lost the willow blade due to swivel or wire.  Unfortunately...it catches fish.  

Here is the bait I am referring to....

IMG_0215.jpg

You ask 50 people, you'll get at least 25 different answers.

Terminators

Strike King

Stanley Wedge (old and new)

Booyah.

BPS even makes a good bait.

Buy one or 2 of each as they all have their moments and then you decide. That's part of the fun of this process. You get to feed the bait monkey and discover a favorite bait on your own!

BPS Tornado. (3/8oz. White/Chart skirt, Silver blade.)

X2 Forgot this one.

You have to feel the vibration to believe it. Got one of my biggest muskies on a 1/2 oz burning over the weeds. Rock solid bait for big fish.

again folks please dont support anything with war eagle in the name

for me strike king premier plus and stanley,,,ive often wondered though if theirs any real difference